~6~

Ken woke up to his house phone ringing like crazy. He turned off his mobile that ringed every five minutes, but the house phone is too far away. He sighed and looked around the room to locate the annoying noise. His whole living room is messy and looks like no one cleaned for a year. The smell of alcohol woke him up and his stomach, causing nausea. He sprinted to the bathroom and puked everything he consumed yesterday, aiming perfectly.  He doesn't remember drinking that much yesterday, but your body can't lie to you. After a few more pukes, he wiped off his mouth and went back to the living room continuing his search for the phone. After a few rings, he found it and answered right away.

''What?!'' His hungover voice is raspier than his real one.

''Don't you what me. Where the hell are you? Do you know what time it is?'' Ken looked at the number recognizing it as Larry's and then glanced at the clock seeing it was 4 pm. ''Did you stay up late again? What is going on Fareel?''

''I was just not feeling well, that's all. Besides,'' He walked to the string board, observing the faces of all of the people he talked to. ''I won't question anyone today. I need a different approach to this case, or at least something new that might help us. I have been going in circles and just need something.''

''But you have three more people to investigate. You can't just stop when you're almost done. How do you know it is not the male best friend. He has multiple anger issues and loves to fight in bars. You can't ignore those things just because all of this seems so monotone to you.''

''Okay, okay stop being so pushy. Today I will contact the mother and maybe talk again with that douche Jillian. Can you also find the lover of the mother? I need to know his alibi to make sure that he is not one of the suspects. Contact Zander for the name.''

''Please call me if you decide to visit the house, so we can do it together. Four eyes are better than two.''

''I will.'' He ended the call and gently tossed the phone on the couch. 

I should better Skype the mother so I can see in which mental state she is in, that way I can read her body language. He nodded to himself. Do I think that Zander guy knows more? Of course, but he first needs to earn our trust and he gave us a simple secret that will keep us busy before he decides that we are capable to be discrete. Do I think the lover could be the killer? Maybe. He does have a good motive and for now, is getting away with it. But if he really did it, the question is: ''Does the mother know?'' He turned both his phone and the laptop on, dialling her mother and logging into his Skype. But on the other hand, wouldn't it be easier to just bribe her more or at least get some dirt on her? One ring. She does have a lot of secrets that aren't so hard to find out. Zander does look like the type to get pursued easily. Two rings. Or was it a way to scare her, but it got so messed up that it ended up being a murder? Three rings. She was strangled and stabbed, one could've been the scare other the death. 

''Hello?'' A soft woman's voice asked on the other line.

''Hello Mrs Kosser, this is main investigator Ken Fareel, we talked a few days ago. I was wondering could we do a Skype questioning, it would mean a lot?'' Silence on the other line. ''Mrs. Kosser? You said that you would cooperate. Is there a problem?''

A giggle. ''Please detective, call me Ariel. Sure we can do a Skype call. Are you free right now?''

''I am. Is your username Ariel.Kosser0.1?'' He clicked on the profile already knowing it's her.

''It is.'' She shortly answered.

''Alright, I will send you the request and then we can video call.''

''Okay.'' She ended the call fast, making Ken kind of shocked. 

He requested to talk to her right away and sat in the dining room. He opened his notebook and looked up all the questions he wanted to ask the mother. From what he heard about her, she is like an open book and will tell you anything that you need. He has to use his time wisely and also watch what he is asking so that she doesn't get offended and ends the call. From that night that he saw her, he can tell that she is short-tempered and that everything needs to be done delicately.