Bandage the damage

Chapter 5

Demi's POV

The doorbell rung for the first time in a lifetime. I didn't bother to wipe the tear tracks away instead I opened the door. "Wilmer." He didn't smile instead his face dropped at my probably bloodshot eyes. He stepped inside gently closing the door. "I know you need someone." He opened his arms to me and my legs gave out, I fell into his arms, nothing was said, nothing needed to be it was only him and me. He lifted me into his arms and sat me down on the couch, falling beside me. I sat up slowly and his hand found my face, gently lifting my chin. "What's going on in that beautiful mind?" He tries but I won't say anything, or answer because I know I'll fall apart, lose myself all over again. "Its just feel like no matter how much I try I always lose those that mean the most to me." He moved closer, cupping my face in his hands. "Baby, I'm here anytime of day I know how hard this is for you. Sometimes life will beat you down but we still keep going, I need you to keep going, everyone does so please don't give up." I stared into his eyes, finding the right thing to say, searching myself for the truth I wanted to spill. "What, what if I don't want to, what if I can't? It's just so hard." He gripped me tighter nearly squeezing me to death. "Without you, I am nothing, I love you so much and I'll always need you." I felt myself I weaves before this man, opening up to him and letting him in, it was no doubt dangerous but a risk I was willing to take. "Wilmer?" He wiped away my stray tears that I hadn't even noticed due to the amount of numbness I was feeling. "Yes my love?" Not even a smile appeared on my face, instead I attempted not to let the pain consume me, my lower lip quivering as I took a deep breath. "I just feel so useless, so stupid for letting this happen, how did I not see that she was feeling this low?" He only tensed at my words. I cursed myself for letting this fall out of my mouth like I was an open book, when I was the total opposite. "By now I've figured out that people like Maddie, they hurt so bad that even if you do save them, your not even really saving them, it'll be hard but sometime you gotta let her go." I could feel the smoothness in his voice, how he tried to be gentle and careful with his words. "I know, that's the hardest part, it's not sitting here crying over her, it's letting her go, I feel like I'm already losing those memories of her, I don't want to forget her completely." "You don't have to, you just have to be able to look at a picture of her and know she's alright and that you can make it without her for right now." I nodded and he lifted me up in his arms bridal style. I was only feeling better since he came knocking on my door. "Is mar in your room?" I barely cracked a smile. "Nope." He nodded and pushed open my door dropping me on the bed and slipping off his shoes, getting on the bed still fully dressed. "You know, I missed you so much." He whispered and I slipped into his side laying my head on his chest wiping what was left of my tears. "Let's not talk, I just want to cuddle." He nodded and sighed pulling me close and kissed the top of my head. Time passed us by as our breaths slowed and I fell asleep in his arms.

Dallas' POV
The tears spilt over at the sight of Maddie's photo on the wall, once mounted out of happiness now hung there as a memory of her. Robert wasn't home. I prefer being alone, locked up in my room like I felt was right. It was the things that burned me inside like her laugh echoing in the back of my mind as I wondered around my bedroom, lost. As like many times these last Couple of weeks the world didn't seem to matter anymore, just her face, just her smile, just her love and laughter that mattered. The front door opened but I only curled up clutching onto the covers as the sobs that had been on repeat played once again throughout the house. She was really gone. I longed to lay beside her, to cuddle or to just pepper her in kisses like many times I had done in the past. It was useless now, she was gone, yeah she really was.

Demi's POV
I didn't move, instead I glanced to the rising sun behind the curtains to my right. He transitioned a bit. "Good morning beautiful." Wilmer lifted my head and we sat, just staring into each other's eyes my chest to his, his hands on my lower back, as our legs intertwined in a tangled mess of sheets. I loved it the feeling it gave me, just sitting with him, just like this. Would I admit to myself that I felt this way about him? Could I admit to him that I loved him? I let my hands run over the stubble on his face and chin causing him to smile, letting my Head fall back into his chest. "I love you" I murmured. Like an uncountable amount of times before; his heart pounded. "I love you too." He mumbled slowly sitting up and taking me with him.

I clutched the pillow to my chest as both Wilmer and I sat in my living room watching a movie, something I wish I could submerse myself in to forget her name engraved in the stone where she lay below the dirt. "Demi?" His voice was low and shook me out of my nightmare that I had been reliving for the past few weeks. "Will?" He smiled at the nickname I gave him but ultimately focused back on me. Below the surface I hated anyone see me cry but it became something I've learned to overcome. "What's the matter?" He only moved a little closer and intertwined our fingers effortlessly. hearts flutter. "Nothing really I'm just tired." His eyes met mine and he stared into mine with his passion shown, passion for me. "I know that's a lie, let me help you through this, let me be your rock through thick and thin."

------------------------------------
What if I told you guys there Is major drama coming?

Stay strong

~hannah