Be alone

Chapter 16

Demi's POV
And then it all came crashing down. He turned his back. "Wilmer wait." I stopped him but he only picked up more of his stuff. "It's what's best dems." He lifted my head and kissed my cheek. Lies, he never really loved you. "Wilmer please." He pushed past me with all he could carry and made his way to his car. "Wilmer!" I yelled from the house, desperate to keep the one man who had been my rock for so long. He didn't pay the least bit of attention to me as he sat in his car, frusterated, angry, confused. I only needed him, I only wanted him. He glanced my direction before starting the car. I watched my last bit of hope drive away. I'm sorry I couldn't fix it, sorry I couldn't fix us.

This is all your fault.

"It always is." I mumbled and slumped down into the couch now exhausted. If it weren't for the door being opened I would've fallen asleep. "Mar?" She sighed and say beside me. "Hey, I came to check on you." I groaned slightly and sat up. "Demi what's wrong?" I shook my head. "Nothing is wrong I'm fine I'm just sick of people asking me if I'm okay or what's wrong with me." She shrunk back and I found myself inching forward attempting to hug her. "Don't touch me." She whispered and got up heading for the door. "Please don't do this mar." Everyone leaves, every hello ends in a goodbye. I knew this to be true "goodbye Demi." I shook my head, tears springing into my eyes blurring the world around me. "Please." Shakily and barely able to get that out I leaned against the wall. "Marissa we've been friends so long, please don't do this." She shook her head. "I have to, I'm not the best thin for you." "Yes! Yes you are, I need someone and you're the only one I have left please don't do this I need my best friend." She tuned to face me a blank expression on her face. "You're tearing yourself apart and I can't be here to watch it if you don't even except my help." Tears were running down both our cheeks. "You put me through so much pain Demi just seeing you like this kills me." "I'll stop, I'll get better if it means you stay." She sighed. No there's no way this can be happening. "Either go to rehab or I can try to help you but promise me you'll get better." I nodded unsure at first then rushed forward wrapping her in my hug. This isn't real, it's a lie everything was slowly falling apart and all I could do was cry. It hurt, he weds, his words they all hit in a different place in my heart. "Promise me you'll get better."
"I promise." And this time I was sure, I was ready. Recovery all over again.

----------------------------------------
So guess what next chapter is the last one I know it's sad this book was so fun to write though it actually helped me recover believe it or not.

Stay strong

~Hannah