Chapter 10. The Hardest Part

I woke up before Luke, got dressed and went to iHOP to get us both some breakfast. Once I came back I saw Luke completely showered at my dining table. 

'Hi, were did you go?' He asks me. 

‘I went to iHOP to get us some breakfast.’ I tell him and put the bag on the dining table.

‘You know, Dawn… I was thinking… maybe you want to move in with me for a while. Because Michael is with Rachel and stuff… So you don’t have to be alone.’ He explains his thoughts.

‘I can’t.. What is Jacob decides to come back out of the blue.’

‘He won’t-’

‘I don’t want to leave.’

‘But you don’t want to stay, true?’

‘True.’ I told him. He knew he was damn right.

‘Well this will make you leave-’ I interrupt him.

‘What will make me leave.’

‘Jacob.’ He simply answers, well of course it’s Jacob. I don’t know what his problem is with Jacob, but it starts to irritate me. ‘Jacob, he butt dialed your phone when you left it at mine. I heard moans and him and some girl say ‘I love you’ to each other, but it wasn’t you. So he is cheating on you. That what I mean last night by “You are not the only one”.’ He says answering my thoughts from last night. And he takes a sip from his coffee.

‘Jacob would never do such a thing.’ I argue.

‘Well but he did!’ Luke protests.

‘No, I will not believe this. You are just jealous. You never liked him and you don’t even know him. I know him and he would never do something like that!’ I yell at him. I’m so angry, I feel like my head is going to burst.

‘I’m not lying to you! I know what I heard!’ Luke screams.

‘Do you have proof?!’

‘Well… You can always che-’ He tries but I interrupt him again.

‘So no! You can’t proof anything!’ I take a deep breath. ‘You know you just broke your promise.’ And with that I left him in my own kitchen,  I ran to a park. I have no idea where I am or what time it is, because I left my phone with Luke again.

Why did Luke lie about this. Why can’t he just admit he’s jealous. That still wouldn’t have solved anything, but with doesn’t either. I want to call Michael to ask if Luke has left, but then again I left my phone at home… I need to glue it to my hand. Seriously if my head wasn’t stuck on my body, I would have forgotten that as well.

I take a seat on a bench.

‘Pretend you’re happy, pretend we’re fine,

I guess that’s easier after all this time,

Talk about someone else then look in my eyes,

I know you still hold on to us inside,

But we watched that butterfly fly.

I’d give anything just to be with you again but it’s not the right time,

And I’d give anything just to feel you on my skin,

But it’s not the right time and it’ll never be the right time, will it?

It might never be the right time and that’s the hardest part of it.’

I walk back home, singing the lyrics over and over again. This actually sounds quite good. 

When I get home, I see that Luke has left my house. I grab some food from the bag and walk to my room. I search from some paper to write down the lyrics on. Once I wrote it down, I make my way to the kitchen to get my phone. 

Looking at it, I don't have any messages. I check my phone history and see that indeed Jacob has called, but not last night. Just 5 minutes ago. I decide to call him back.

'Hello?' 

'Hi, Jacob. You called me?' 

'Yeah, but I figured it out already. Why are you with a guy that isn't Michael. Where is Michael?' He asks sounding angry.

'He's at Rachel's right now, but he was here like 10 minutes ago.'

'Good, he found himself a girl. Is she hot?' 

'Jay, you know Rachel. Please don't talk about her like that.' I plea.

'I'm joking, Dawn. Chill. Anyway I have to go-' 'Jacob, are you coming?' 'Yeah, hold on. Just talking to someone.' 'Is it your sister?' 'No...' He sounds unsure.

I hang up before he can say anything. I look at the date. Jacob will be home in two days.... I can just ask him then. Fighting over the phone isn't really my thing. 

Luke. His name pops into my head. Luke was right? Was he?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello beautiful readers!

I'm sorry that I haven't updated in forever! I was walking my unicorn back to rainbow planet. 

just kidding!!! I had migraine for a week and it went down to a normal headache... so yeah. Also I have this massive writers-block and I have like zero stories in my head... woops

thanks for reading!

xxMe.