C h a p t e r E l e v e n

;of Truth

>>

Declan and I was out for dinner at an Italian restaurant in town. Declan kissed the side of my head as we walked into our apartment lobby and said, "Movie?"

"You pick the movie," I smiled. Declan stiffened when he saw someone at the lobby. I raised my eyebrow and my smile faltered when I find Orion sitting there, staring at his phone. Orion lifted his head up and his eyes darkened when he saw Declan was with me.

Declan hands tightened around me. Orion stood up, disregarding Declan and looked straight at me, "We need to talk,"

"No way," Declan shook his head, "I'm not leaving my wife alone with you,"

This small gesture was enough to go back to the penthouse with Declan. But Orion looked like he needed to talk to me. I placed my hand on Declan's chest and reached for his lips, "Wait for me upstairs?"

Declan looked at me, hesitation shown on his face. He wasn't going to leave me alone with Orion. So I said, "I will be here in the lobby,"

Declan sighed in exasperation and nodded. He headed towards the lift, glancing back at me before he stepped into the lift. I winked at him playfully and nodded to the waiting area. Orion followed and we sat down.

"What do you want, Orion," I started and looking at Orion's face, I knew it's something bad. He threw a file on the table and said, "No matter what I do, you won't believe me. So, I have to show you this myself. This is what your so-called husband have been doing for years,"

I glanced at the file which the front cover was 'Eaton Corp'. The proposal was directed to McQueen's club house. I looked back at Orion, "What are you trying to do Orion? I'm sick and tired of you trying so hard to get something you lost."

Orion's expression changed. He looked defeated. "Before I met you, I was in love with someone else."

I licked my dry lips. Keira didn't tell me anything about him being in love with someone. Orion continued, "She was beautiful. So innocent. A lot like you. The more I spend time with her, the more I fell harder. I couldn't let go. Until she went to university and found someone better. She dated him behind my back."

My heart broke when Orion gave me a sad smile, "She broke my heart and I didn't want to hear anything about her. So I left. It's quite difficult since her last name was all over the place. I didn't get over her until I met you. Then I finally found out she was getting married."

"When I fell for you, I knew I was going to get hurt too. I pulled back but it was too late." Orion shook his head sadly, "Every single time, I fell for someone, my heart end up getting broken. I'm not going to lose you as a friend,"

I took Orion's hand, "Thank you Orion. For telling me,"

"That girl is Merry Eaton,"

My eyes widened. I couldn't hide the surprise on my face. Orion chuckled dryly, "Declan was aware of that. What I didn't know was that Merry was pregnant after we broke up. She was too young to have a kid, so she went for an abortion without telling anyone, even me. Until Declan found out. Everyone thought I was the who told Merry to abort the child but even I did not know about the child. Nobody knew the truth except for Merry and I. Now, you,"

Declan's sister, Merry, who helped me with the wedding and I thought was the sweetest person?! No way. She hid the abortion from the family after she broke up with Orion. Then, she got married to Christopher. She must have met Christopher during university. Holy shit... I couldn't wrap this around my head.

"Declan hated me for breaking his sister's heart and for causing Merry to not be able to conceive again. After Merry got married, I received this," He nodded to the file on the table, "This consists of every single paper that meant to buy out the clubhouse. My parents were going to sell it. Declan offered a very reasonable price. But I wasn't going to sell out a house that I grew up in,"