Chapter 23

James

--------

I awoke with pain in the back of my neck, my hand went up to my neck. it was wet and when I pulled my hand away it was covered in my blood. in was shocked. I started to stand but it took a while as I was feeling quite dizzy. once I had gotten to my feet, I looked around the room I was in. it only had a chair in it, the room was concrete, and I could only see the outline of the door. I walked towards it and started banging on it. I couldn't hear anything. I turned around and was shocked to see a girl who looked to be around 17. I didn't know how she got in here as the only way would of been the door. "listen here boy" she said in a cold and menacing voice. "you will leave this place, go back to your pack. forget about the queen" she said. I heard a click behind me, I turned and saw that the door was opened, I turned back to where he girl had been. she wasn't there anymore. I was kinda freaked out, thinking she was a ghost, but ghosts don't exist, right?

I left the room and entered a long corridor. as I walked I thought about what I was gonna do. I knew that I couldn't leave, that I needed to talk to my mate, to stop her from doing whatever it was she was going to do. I found an open window in the hall, I heard voices coming so I jumped out the window, luckily I was at the bottom floor so I didn't injure myself. I ran through the bushes and ended up in a courtyard. I walked on the gravel path, heading in an unknown direction. I had no idea where my mate was. I couldn't catch her scent, or anyone else's out here. which is strange because you were always able to pick up people's scents. I kept walking until I heard voices, I jumped up into a tree next to the path. the people walked past and I dropped to the ground once they were out of sight.

I walked a little farther until I reached a well. I looked inside of it, there didn't seem to be any water in it at all. I felt a pressure on my back and suddenly I was falling. I hit the ground hard, my body hurting all over, but thanks to my healing, I knew it would be gone soon. I stood up and looked around. there was a small whole I. The room just wide enough for me to fit through it. it looked like the only way to go so I squeezed through it. once I was out there was a stair case. as I walked I thought about where it would lead. I was walking for a long time before there was door in front of me. it made no sound as the large wooden door slowly opened. I walked through it and walked into a large bathroom. I walked to a door that was straight across from where I came, when I reached it, I looked behind me, the door I came through had disappeared, all that was left was a wall with a sink on it. I quietly opened the door I front of me, only opening it enough for me to peek out. I looked around the bed room as much as I could. I was going to close the door when suddenly a wonderful scent reached my nose. I knew who this scent belonged to.

I opened the door, and looked at the bed, there sleeping peacefully on the bed was my beautiful mate, Lucia. I walked to the bed and sat next to her. "my beautiful mate" I whispered. I brushed the strands of hair from her face. her eyes flickered opened, she looked up at me about to scream, but when she looked into my eyes, she stopped everything. "mate" was all she said before she pounced on me, my back hit the bed, and my lips were tingling and warm, Lucia was kissing me with all her might. I could resist myself and kissed her back just as much. I heard a door slam open and Lucia was pulled away from me. "Get off of me" she screamed. the person let her go and she ran to me. I stood and wrapped my arms around her. "Lucia please" the woman in front if us begged. she had redial hair and was wearing a women's suit. Lucia buried her head into the crook of my neck. "Lucia please, if you don't come with me now, Josh will.." "Josh will what, maid" I heard a male voice ask. a man appeared behind the women, grabbed her by the back of her neck and threw her to the other side of the room. she hit the wall hard and fell to the ground, coughing up blood.

Lucia looked up and then rushed to the girls side. "Josh, why" she questioned looking up at the man named Josh. "She needed to learn the consequences for not obeying orders" he said, looking at me the entire time. "leave now by your own free will, or I will have to dispose of you" he told me, looking me dead in the eyes. "Josh wait, this man, he's my mate" she told him. "Don't you remember queen. you are already married to someone else" he said, "i know, but he isn't my mate, and he is gone now" she got up, holding the girls arm around her shoulder. "I'm sorry, the only option for him is to leave, or die by my hands" Lucia was about to say something when I interrupted her. "ill challenge you to a gauntlet fight" everyone looked at me shocked. "if I win, you will explain everything to us and I will be able to live and be with Lucia"

Once they got over their shock, he nodded his head. "alright, we will do this tomorrow, Felicita lead this man to a room. and make sure he doesn't wander around. am I understood" she answered with a quiet yes. he left after that. "what are you doing you foolish man, you can't beat the leader of the crow clan" she said looking worriedly at me. i didn't know he was the leader of the crow clan. I am royally screwed right now.