Laughing J X Candymaker! Reader

The sound of an alarm woke you from your slumber. Reaching out you blindly searched for your clock, when you found it you turned it off. 'Ah another day, another way.' You smiled to yourself as you remembered what your dad always said. Yawning, you stretched and looked over at your alarm. 5:20am. 'Perfect.' To you waking up so early was normal, after all you had many things to get ready before the store opened. That's right, you owned a very successful candy store in a small friendly town. As well as providing the basic sweets- like lollies and gumdrops- you made your own jams, cakes and even had a sit-in spot in your store where customers could chat over some tea and freshly baked goods.

When you where younger your grandma owned this very store. She taut you how to bake and make delicious sweets. You always loved working in her store durning the weekends when you where young- all the happy faces and delectable aromas. When she passed away she left you the store in her will, however since you where to young at the time your mother run the store. When you came of age the store was given to you and you decided to run and improve the store like your grandma wanted. The stores name was,'Heavens secret' because all the towns people would say your sweets where like a little slice of heaven.

After getting ready you headed downstairs into the store and went into the kitchen. Getting out the necessary equipment you went into your storage room out back to retrieve two 6kg bags of icing sugar. For your size and stature you where rather strong and your dad had given you some self defence classes- he was worried about his 'little princess' not being able to defend herself when living alone. Anyway, icing sugar was an important ingredient in your cakes and some of the candies. You worked tirelessly creating the heavenly goods and getting them set up in the glass cases, ready for the store to open at 8am. Sighing, you had finally done and began to clean the kitchen. You heard the doorbell chime and went around the counter to meet the customer.

"Hello there how may I help you." It was a group of five children- two girls and three boys- they all looked very exited. Everyone in this small town knew each other and where very neighbourly. The town consisted of 57 people (if anything the town was a large village), it had one local school that catered to children of 4-18, a small pharmacy but no local hospital, a police and firefighting station, a large park with a restaurant opposite it and a few local stores that sold necessities or fresh fruit and veg from the local farm.

"Miss LN?" You seemed to have gone into deep though and forgot about the children until one of the small boys tried to gain your attention.

"Ah, sorry sweetie. What was it you wanted?"

"Five bags of your pick and mix, please."

"Of course!" You handed him the bags and watched as the children went about picking there sweets.

"So what are you all doing today? You seem to be really excited." One of the little girls looked over at you.

" didn't you hear?"

"Hmm, hear what honey?"

"There's a circus coming to town!"

"Yeah! That's why where getting candy now, so we can walk around the circus with it!" One of the boys chirped in.

A circus? When you where young a circus never came to town, so why now? You smiled at the children.

"That sounds fun."

"Are you going FN!"

"Oh i don't know,"

"Oh come on FN it will be great!" The small girl smiled up at you.

"Ok, I'll check it out. No harm in trying."

Only if you knew.