Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Elena’s POV

I heard my alarm clock going off so I sat up, rubbed my eyes and turned it off. I stood up and stretched then made my way to the living room to check on Catherine. She lay there peacefully, snoring slightly. The blanket was above her ankle and I saw something black. I looked up close and saw it was a tattoo. I turned her ankle so I could get a full view of it and saw a snake with the words ‘Dark Side’ on it.

I was certain I saw the tattoo from somewhere before but couldn’t put my finger on where. I decided I will find out about it after school. I made my way to the bathroom and stripped off my clothes. I stepped into the shower and tuned on the hot water.

I heard Catherine say she was leaving and I mumbled and ‘okay’. I stepped out the shower and dried myself with a towel, wrapping it around my body. I walked to my bedroom and put on some undergarments.

I put on a white strapless dress and shrugged my leather jacket on. I grabbed my black flats and slipped it on my feet. I grabbed my bag with my books in it and shrugged it over my shoulder. I grabbed my phone off the nightstand and plugged out the charger from it. I grabbed my car keys and put it in my bag in case I had to leave.

I exited my dorm room and locked the door. I walked all the way to the school and the bell rang just as I reached my locker. I slammed my locker closed and went to my first class History. When I entered I saw a projector being set up by the teacher and some of the students in the class.

I walked to a seat in the back and sat down. I pulled out my book and pen just as the last person came in.

“Today we will be learning about The Dark Side.” the teacher said after the students calmed down.” The Dark Side was started by a man named Ray who once attended this school...” I tuned him out since I heard all this from the principal.

“Ray engraves this mark on the ankle of the person who joins.” I thought the tattoo looked strangely familiar until I remembered I saw it on Catherine. Before the teacher could continue, the bell rang.

I packed up my book and pen and walked out the classroom, stuck in my thoughts.

--------------------------------------------

I was the first one out of class when the last bell rang. I slung my bag over my shoulder and walked to my dorm. I opened the door to my dorm when I finally reached. I locked the door behind me and dropped my bag on the table.

I sat down on the couch and put my head in my hands.

Why did Catherine have that tattoo?

Is it possible that she is on The Dark Side?

If so, how did nobody notice?

All these thoughts were in my head that it started giving me a headache. I headed to my bedroom and took off my clothes. I slipped on a loose tank top and some sweatpants. I picked up the History book off my desk and read the pages the teacher assigned.

------------------------------------------------

After I finished all my homework for the day my stomach growled loudly. I made my way to the kitchen and took out all the ingredients to make a sandwich. After I made two I ate them greedily then checked the time. It was around seven so I decided to watch some TV.

I went to the living room and sat down picking up the remote. After switching stations I finally found a show I liked to watch, which was Teen Wolf. After I finished watching the two episodes I made my way to the bathroom and brushed my teeth.