Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Elena's POV

I woke up to aloud knocking on my door. I ignored it thinking it was something else. I heard the knocking again and I groaned in anger.

Who the hell is waking me up this early? I thought.

I lazily dragged my body to the door and opened it. A girl with short brunette hair and light brown eyes stood before me. She was about 5’2 and had freckles across her face.

“What do you want?” I asked harshly.

“I’m Kate. The principal sent me to show you around the school and to give you this.” She said handing me a few books and my schedule, locker number and a map of the school which I took from her hands. “The school is on the other side of the building so can you please get ready.” She continued.

“You can go. I’ll find my way there myself.” I told her.

“But-“

“Go.” I said harshly.

I dropped the school stuff on the living room table and checked the time. It was seven forty-five. School started at eight. I hurried to the bathroom and had a five minute bath making sure to not wet my hair. I wrapped the towel around my body and walked into my bedroom.

 I pulled out some undergarments and put it on. I put on a jeans and top that said ‘DON’T GO WITH THE FLOW.’ I put my hair up in a messy bun and pulled on my black converse. I decided to don’t put make-up and no jewelry. I grabbed my leather jacket and put it on. I grabbed my black cross shoulder bag and filled it with my phone, earphones, notebook, pen, schedule and a map of the school.

I walked out of my dorm room with my cross shoulder bag and locked the door behind me. I walked down the stairs and down the narrow corridor. After a few minutes I saw a sign say ‘Welcome to Gifted Academy.’

Gifted Academy? But I’m not gifted. I thought

I ignored the sign and pulled out my phone and saw it was ten minutes pass eight. I grabbed my schedule and saw I had History first. Oh joy.

I went to the class number and opened the door stopping the teacher mid-sentence.

“You must be the new student. I’m Mr. James.” He said kindly. “Would you like to introduce yourself and say something about yourself?” he asked.

“The name’s Elena and I like to fight.” I told the class.

“Well, take an empty seat and write down this on the board.” he told me.

I walked to an empty seat in the back and sat down. I took out my pen and book only writing down the important things on the board. When I finished writing the long note the bell rang. I packed away my pen and book making my way to my next class which was Mathematics. It was like I knew the whole school by heart.

I went through all my classes finally reaching lunch. During all my classes the students were always watching my tattoos.

I saw everyone heading in a particular direction so I followed them finally reaching the cafeteria. I opened the doors and saw everyone rushing for a table to sit with their friends. The line for food was getting long so I decided to join.

After a few minutes it was finally my turn to order so I bought a slice of pizza and a water bottle. I turned around looking for a spare seat but found none. I walked outside in the garden and found a bench. I sat there and ate my food enjoying the silence.

After I finished eating I took out my phone and earphones plugging it in. I laid my head against the chair and rested my feet on the handle. I closed my eyes mouthing the lyrics to the song I was listening to. The volume was low so I can hear the bell ring. After a few minutes the bell rung so I packed away my phone and earphones making my way inside the building.