Chapter Three

Chapter 3

Picture of Scott to the side & in external link.

"It's no big deal, see you later Jake and Jessica," I overheard. He walked in to Algebra and I stomped after him. He sat at his desk, next to mine and he took out his stuff. I glanced at him for a while and carefully sat in my seat. I fish out a paper for passing notes and the rest of my things.

"Are you okay? I know that look in someone's eyes," I wrote and folded it in half. I gave it to him and I opened my journal. He reached to my desk and grabbed my pencil.

"We broke up, well she dumped me for this guy, you saw didn't you? I bet everyone will know now. At least we don't have to worry about her friend looking at us." Aw, crap. He slid the pencil and the paper over.

"I'm sorry, you deserve better," I wrote back. I didn't know what else to write, I'm not really good at the comforting thing. I slid it over to him just when Mrs. Hernandez strolled in and told us to take our seats.

"I hope you studied with your partner over this week or this weekend, because Monday you're going to take a test just remember that,," Mrs. Hernandez warned.

"Still on for tonight?" he replied. I nodded and threw the note in my backpack. The class went by weirdly slow, ugh I hated it. We walked together to each class and everyone was staring at us. Oh wow, people already know, I felt bad for Jordan. He just walked closer to me and stiffened.

Some people were whispering and I heard one of them say, "Wow, Jessica broke up with him and he's probably already with that new ugly girl." I shot them a dirty look and Jordan told me to not worry about it. Not worry? I'm worried about him, he's getting all the hate and I'm getting half of it.

Ugh, how much I hate people like that, it just made me want to go all rage on them. But I won't because it'll just give satisfaction to Jessica or whatever is going on. We barely made it through the day and I got inside Jordan's car. I was quiet until we were out of sight and driving out of the parking lot.

"Oh my god! I almost thought of this one girl!  I'm so sorry Jordan, I know this is annoying and hurtful for you, how she would just announce it in the halls where everyone can see. It's so damn pathetic!" I grunted. I checked my phone, nothing from Maddie or Kaylee in two days and I slid it into my pocket where it belongs.

"So, are we really gonna study the whole time? I mean grades are important to me, but this seems more important to me right now," I said, changing the subject.

"Yeah, I mean, I need a close friend to talk about this," he smiled. Close friend. Hmm. It's not a surprise to me, but I never heard it from a guy. Well, once with my ex, Daniel, who's at my old school now. Just thinking about it makes me depressed.

"Uh, Mel? Are you alright?" he asked, his voice in worry. It must show on my face, I hate it when I can't control it.

I cleared my throat and coughed. "Yeah, everything's okay," I tried to say, but my throat choked up and instead, I nodded silently. When we got to his house, I realized that it's not that long of a drive. It's like a 20 minute drive or so. I stayed there for a while, still effected by that memory of Daniel. Jordan opened the car door for me, and it started to rain.

"Melissa!" he shouted. He got impatient and scooped me up and put my back pack over his shoulder. He walked into his home, still carrying me and took me upstairs to his room and dropped me on his bed. I'm still as a rock, not able to speak or move and he just stared at me. 

The thing is, is that Daniel was the only guy I ever loved, we dated for 4 years and he dumped me for a girl like Jessica, I always thought he wouldn't hurt me, that he loved me too much to do that. But, boy, was I ever wrong. We had one of those relationships where people wish they had it like us. I was vulnerable, blind that I was in love and happy. I got over him but he just put my through a lot, causing me to leave schools, I almost committed suicide because of him. I thought my life was over. I had to go to this counseling class for 2 weeks in compromise of attempting suicide. At that school, it was just horrible, everyone called me a crazy stupid freak, emotional psycho, etc.