Chapter 30: Sneaky Pictures

            “Now that we’ve made our agreement, aren’t you gonna tell us what those dates are supposed to be!?” Lillian hammered Elliot for answers.

            “Only once you let me in on your letter, code solving mystery!”

            “That’s the whole point…”

            They exchanged suspicious looks.

            “Fine, if you’re not gonna tell me, I’ll tell you first,” Lillian declared, “we have at least two hundred letters from Delanee’s dad, and there’s this one line that’s messing with our brains, and it’s a freaking riddle!”

            “Elaborate.” Elliot replied in a serious tone.

            “Here, I’ll just read it,” Lillian said as she snatched the note, “The first step in a person’s journey is figuring out where it starts. Where do I?”

            Lillian finished. Elliot paused. In fact, the whole room stopped as if an answer will fall from the heavens and land in the middle of the room.

            As I was about to change the subject, Elliot shot me an enlightened expression. 

            “Hold on…” his tone was alarming, “did he write anything before that? How did he start the letter exactly?”

            “Um, well, before that he only said ‘Now, It’s been a while since my little girl had solved a riddle, so here’s one’. And nothing else before.”

            “I know what this means!” Elliot exclaimed.

            “Elliot, we’ve spent all night trying to figure out what her dad was trying to say, and you think we expect you to solve the whole riddle in under two minutes!? I really hope you aren’t high right now.”

            “No, just hear me out. I’ve seen this all the time.”  

             We all tilted our heads as Elliot’s insane words poured out of his mouth. He was being a lunatic, yet I was more intrigued than ever.

            “Okay, if you don’t believe me, hand me all of the letters, and I promise to solve all of this,” he said, with a little too much confidence, as he seized the box.

            “There as to be a catch. My boyfriend can’t possibly be this nice,” Mei responded.

            “And there is. It’s nothing too big that you couldn’t handle, but I want you to help me with my plan.”  He spoke as if he was a secret agent planning to break into the White House.

            Anxiety rushed throughout my body every time Elliot said the words “plan”; the last time he had a “plan”, things went a very, very insane.

            “Elliot, we better not…” Mei snapped.

            “Okay, just listen. First, you have to see the evidence.”

            “Elliot!” Lillian exclaimed, “We literally do not have a clue to what you’re saying right now!”

            “Oh that’s right, I almost forgot. Well, here’s the thing. I need a way to prove to Chance that Tiffany is no good for him, so me and Damien are collecting evidence.”