Chapter 1: POV Eärendil

"Lindir, It is boring me to stay here in Rivendell." I say, sighing.

"Why? Where would you rather be? This is our home.." He says, looking up at me from the book in his lap.

"I know not, I just want to get away. Possibly a Kingdom of men?"

"Most would want to kill you."

"The Shire?"

"If you think it's boring here, it will not be any more entertaining there. Actually, it would be less."

"Mordor."

"Ha! Good joke."

"I know," I say, smiling. "But I'd rather go there than stay here."

Lindir looks into my eyes with a tone I have not seen from him.

"What about me?"

"Oh, you? I have no doubt you would come with me. You would follow me even if I went all the way north up into the heavens."

Lindir grins, "I would, but I have duties to attend to. Here. I have lived here for 250 years and I do not plan on making Elrond angry."

I chuckle softly. "Do you think he would be angry if I left? Just for three days!"

Lindir shakes his head, "I don't know." He looks up at me, "Where would you go?"

I think for a moment until a single place pops in my memory.

"Mirkwood."

"What?"

"You heard me clearly, Mellon, Mirkwood. I've always wanted to go there. Ever since I was a small child, the ever growing forests of Greenwood have fascinated me!"

"Eärendil, you know the Elvenking well. At least, you know his wrath. He would have his guards kill a trespasser on sight!"

"I have never met the Elvenking, and I have already made up my mind. I am leaving tonight."

"Eärendil.."

"Lindir, you're over-reacting. It's only three days!" I leave my bed where we sat and collect clothes for the journey and pack.

"Eärendil.."

I turn to face him, "What?"

"What if.. What if the Elvenking DOESN'T kill you, and you decide to live there? Would we ever see eachother again..?"

"Of course we would.. We're friends." He smiles at me.

"Three days?"

"Three days."