Chapter 4 Book of Dragons

Drake holds Nightslash comfortingly after Eragon's outburst. "It's ok little one. I won't let him hurt you. I promise." Soothes Drake. the small Dragons responds, "I hope. my siblings hopefully will hatch soon. The king killed my mother. My father is........is Shruikan. The King's Dragon." The hatchling whines, "I'm a son to a monster. You wouldn't want me as a Dragon, let alone a bonded partner. I'm like my father." The small Dragon sighs sadly and goes to lay down. Live yells, "soldiers! Coming fast! Hide the little ones!" The three hide the eggs and Nightslash and the soldiers walk up and grabs Drake. "Let him go!" Skyler cried. The soldiers laughed, "he is of age to serve the king. All villages must give their share for the Army, be happy." they drag Drake away, But Nightslash lunges and kills the guards, eating their bodies hungrily. "N-Nightslash? What......." Drake says scared. "I'm so so sorry! I don't know what came over me!" A tall man approaches, Brom. "What happened here?!" The Storyteller shouted. "Killing the king's soldiers is going to cause you to be Targets for him. Don't be fools." "UNCLE!!!" Roran shouted upset, Garrow was shot, dead after a few minutes. "No uncle! Don't die!" Eragon says trying to wake him up. Drake lowers his head, then fathers his things to journey to the Varden, to fight the king. And all who oppose him. "Here take this." Brom hands him a book, Book of Shkulblaka. "Skulblaka?" Drake asks. Brom answers, "it means Dragon. take it." Drake nods and journeys alone. They long days approaching.