One

A Little Bit of Mischief

"So, who would grab the snacks?" I asked, looking at my brothers, expecting one of them to take their lazy butts off the couch and get some snacks from the kitchen. But, both of them were too absorbed by what they were doing. "Maximus? Charlie?"

"Busy," said one of the two dipshits, Lee. "You're the one who isn't so why not check it out?"

I kicked him on the leg before standing up and walking to the kitchen. I opened every drawer and cabinet, trying to find some snacks, but to no avail.

"There are none left," I said, walking back to the couch. "There's a convenience store just a few blocks from here and since both of you bastards are too lazy to even get your arses off the couch and take a bath, I'd be the one to go there. But, don't expect me to give you some food, okay."

"And, Charlie, you stink," I added before walking towards the door.

"Sure," he sneered.

I left and walked to the nearby convenience store I was talking about. As I pushed the glass door, the chimes that dangled above moved and chimed. The store was almost deserted except from some other teens having their snacks around some of the tables. I walked around to look for something to buy. While I was standing in front of the stack of chips, someone nudged me on the side. "Hey."

Without even having to look up, I already knew who it was for I recognized the voice. "Piss off."

"Calm down, Little-"

I turned to him and grabbed him by his shirt, pulling him closer to me. "Don't fucking tell me to calm down."

"God, what is wrong with you?" he asked, carefully removing my grip on his shirt. "I just wanted to greet you."

"And ask you a quick question," he added, flashing a cheeky grin.

"What is it?" I crossed my arms. "Make sure your question is worth my time or else..."

He chuckled and ran a hand through his brown hair. "Am I handsome?"

I was about to kick him on the crotch, but I thought of a better idea. "Come closer," I said. "I'll whisper it."

"I don't trust you," he hesitated, shaking his head.

"Do you want me to-"

"Okay, okay," he said, leaning closer. I had no idea he would actually fall for that.

"You are," I whispered. But of course, there's no way I would ever tell him that. So, I added, "a fucktard."

Before he could even move backwards, I held him by the shirt and punched him on the stomach. I pushed him away, making him stumble on the floor, groaning in pain. "That's for wasting my time, Tristan Russel."

Tristan placed one hand on the floor while the other was on his stomach. "You little bitch."

He pushed himself up and began walking away. Before walking out of the door of the store, he shot me a deathly glare. Then, he left.

"What happened?" said Julie, the owner of the convenience store, walking towards me.

"Nothing," I smiled innocently. "Just a little bit of...mischief."