Chapter 8: I got lucky.

April 16th, 2026

     6:58 pm

     I'm still screaming, not out of fear, but shock. Tae keeps apologizing, as if its his fault for his desire to win on his own fucking show. Honestly, I don't get why the boys are treating me with respect. I'm not a famous lady, I'm not older than them, and I don't even know a thing about Korean language, let alone their culture. I'm not really sure why I'm even here. Still, I fight with effort, wringing my wrist around my bracelet. I hear more scampering. Shit, Namjoon or someone's gonna come and I'm going to be a dead women by that point. 

     "태현, 미안해!(I'm sorry Taehyung!)" I hear someone say as Tae is grabbed away. I look up and see Jungkook tussling with Tae's bracelet. Hurriedly, I pick up my pace and grab at Tae's arm. Even though I'm not much help, I provide a few seconds delay to allow Jungkook to rip off Tae's bracelet. Tae is out.

     Tae grumbles and playfully shoves Jungkook. Then he shakes his head. I know how frustrating it must be to be so close to winning, then losing. I feel bad for everyone that's been out. I bow politely at Tae and then run away, as I hear more footsteps approaching. 

     I exit outside the exhibit and head towards a corner where I can see what is about to happen. Namjoon walks over to Jungkook, arguing about something. He's holding a red paper up and is about to attack Jungkook's bracelet. I know Jungkook has the muscles and all, went to military recently, but Namjoon is older and has a healthy body. Since it's a close match, I know that Jungkook's going to need some assistance.

     I run over to where Jungkook and Namjoon are fighting with one another. Jungkook is pleading its not him whilst Namjoon is angrily grabbing at his bracelet. 

     My next move happens so fast I'm convinced I didn't even do it and didn't even think through it. I grab Namjoon by one arm and from his backside I reach out to grab his bracelet. As he wasn't paying much attention to his own bracelet, it slides off easily and he is out. 

     Namjoon turns around, bewildered. 

     "I'm sorry Joon, I'm sorry, I had to." I bow repeatedly, whilst Namjoon gives me a knowing smile.

     "The next suspect was going to be you." Is the last thing Namjoon says to me before the staff bring him to the 'jail' room(Reference to Running Man, when someone is out, they are led to the jail room until the game is over). Goosebumps go around my neck as I think about what will happen next. It all feels like a dream.  

     I don't know how to approach Yoongi or Jin, as I'm highly aware they've figured out Jungkook and I are the spies. Luckily, I don't need to approach them, as I hear yelp from behind. I turn around and spot Yoongi and Jin unsuccessfully ambushing Jungkook. I run towards them and try to help Jungkook, but we are outnumbered(in strength).

     "Kookie! Yah!" Jin screams, wrestling Jungkook to the ground. He puts a good fight, as I do the same with Yoongi. However, Yoongi is holding me down firmly, and I only kick restlessly. Jungkook and I are only fighting against time, as eventually, Jungkooks bracelet, which was securely tied up on his armpit area, is being wrestled down his long, muscled up arm. Jungkook overthrows Jin a couple times, but Jin's bracelet is nowhere to be found on his body, as Jungkook is filled with confusion. 

     "Where is it?" Jungkook grumbles as he flips Jin over. He grasps at Jin's back and pats him down.

     "Shoe! Shoe! Underwear!" I scream at Jungkook, Yoongi hovering above me. From Running Man, I've learned that if you are smart enough, you can outdo the system. In many episodes, members of the show often hide things in their underwear, bras, or shoes. As I'm screaming these areas of Jin's body, his face becomes flushed.