The Lesson Of Ohana

Tales of the Frolicking Mare
Haupia & Rebecca in The Lesson Of Ohana

Rebecca stirred, her senses snapping to as she sensed  some creature near her. "Becky? Becky are you up? Becky!"

She slowly opens her eyes, a snort emits from her muzzle as she stares dimly. "What is it Haupia. This better be a life or death situation for you to be waking me up... Spoiler it's not. I can sense it."

"You sure look tired Becky! Sista ain't ya da kine Goddess?? Why you look so like a dead mongoose that wandered onto the H-1 during morning commute?? "

Rebecca yawns, pushing Haupia back as she sits up. "Rebecca. My name is Rebecca. Not Becky, Rebecca. Secondly pretend... Oh buck me... 5AM... Pretend it is far too soon to force your Western Seas dialect down my throat. Furry. Learn to speak it."

Haupia nods, never once stopping smiling. "Oh. Well I no can sleep sista, and I like hungry hungry doey! Flip mah like switch and make me like gobble up all muy food nyah. So you like go chow down and grind? Making flapjacks and portagee sausage eh? "

Rebecca places her long fingered paw on Haupia's muzzle. "Ok! My Western Seas dialect sucks, but I think you said you can't sleep and want to feed me pancakes and some sort of meat sausage? Yes? Just nod please..."

Haupia nods, mumbling. Rebecca shushes her, "Haupia? If we are not allowed to parade through your room at all hours... Why are you here? Ohana?"

She nods again.

Rebecca sighs, "Hold on a second..." she releases haupia's muzzle, writing down something. " Here. My contact info. Put this into your Crystal Mobile and place it under private. Please next time? You call my Crystal Mobile to get me. I promise I'll answer. Otherwise you 'll wake up one morning to unwanted company in your bed. Because Ohana. "

Haupia blanches, quickly taking the paper and leaving, apologizing. Rebecca hisses, reaching over to grab her clothes she laid out the night before. "I am surrounded by extremists." As she dresses she yawns, her eyes closing...

"NO!! I DIDN'T DO IT!! PLEASE!! DON'T PLEASE!! I'LL BE GOOD!! PLE--"

The voice, very much male and very much frightened, is silenced. The next sounds are muffled screams.

She snaps her eyes open, glancing around quickly. Nothing.

@@@@@@@@

Babs, eating the breakfast Haupia made for her before heading out, sighs. "Yeah... That..."

The minute Rebecca recovered from the audio hallucination she woke Grace. Grace, frowning, asked her to go out and wait at breakfast. Minutes later Babs, tired yet a bit alert, appeared. Teleported in by Desire no doubt. Haupia made breakfast, then left to go to a nearby diner to meet friends for early riser breakfast. That gave Rebecca the chance to talk to Babs about the incident.

"Now don't buck with me." Rebecca growls, " That was from Haupia. She was the only one in the room. And yes. My Alpha Ability allows me to see other creatures pains... Whether I want to or not. What... "

"Don't ask me this!" Babs cries out, hands nervous as she tries to eat. " I promised I would keep her secrets. It's part of the agreement to get her. If I go back on it... "

"Ok ok look. I'll make it easy for you then." Rebecca interrupts. " I'll ask you ten questions. You can reply yes, no, or I cant. That's it. No more no less. Ok? "

Seconds pass, but with a hard swallow Babs relents. Nodding in the affirmative.

Taking a deep breath, Rebecca begins. "The memory. Is it truly Haupia 's? It did not sound like her. It sounded... Male."