Chapter 6

*Dallons POV*

After a long silence and hug, Brendon immediately got to work writing. I thought after that long hug he would just try to sleep the anxiety off, but he decided to put it into words which was better.

He didn't usually write the songs but I felt as if a new song that came from him would be great for the album. It would be sung more passionately than other things he had sung. And as he furiously wrote, I could tell he was putting all or nothing in this one.

After what seemed like forever, he turned to me and cleared his throat. "I have something I want you to hear," he said. It must have either been ready or in the process of being a finished song.

" After days and weeks pass by, I wonder, oh, I wonder why, you left me,

Though I knew it was for the best, I was taking this harder than the rest, and I mean it when I say, I miss you, I do.." he sang.

The way he sang it was really, deep. It had this melancholy, rainy day feel to it. He tried to continue, but just couldn't. He started crying again.

"I can't do it Dall, I can't go on," he said in the saddest voice I'd ever heard. Then I got scared.

"Whoa,whoa,whoa, what do you mean you can't go on? don't you dare think of hurting yourself because Spencer isn't here. He wouldn't want you to suffer because he is," I said, rushing my words out. I didn't want Brendon's life to end and lose Spencer in the process.

"No, I can't sing the song, it's too hard, I can't do it," he said still quietly. I took a sigh of relief. I was glad he hadn't considered it, but I couldn't be sure. If everyone was feeling sad and vulnerable, God knows what they might do to themselves.

"No you don't have to, it sounds beautiful anyway, Bren," I said taking him in for another hug. I wasn't sure if our hugs could get any tighter, but they always seemed to. That was no problem by me.

We sat in silence as before, when I was going to tell Brendon we would have to get ready to go soon, I realized he was asleep on my shoulder. I just let him stay there, as I read the last of the lyrics.

Dark clouds fill my sky,

Weeks have passed by,

And I wonder if you know I'm still

here, still here for you, I always have been, and I always will, too.