Terrible accidents ☂️ Part 1

Diego hargreeves x reader.

Warnings ? Big angst !! Kinda sad. Some spoilers if you didn't finish the show.

Summary- you and Diego have been dating for awhile but what happens next to tear you guys apart ? Do you survive the gun shot?

~~~~

"why did you do that??" Diego asked angrily.

"I was helping five save the world by getting rid of those two idiots who are trying to stop us."

"you could have gotten everybody In danger or killed."

"we're all ready In danger. But thanks for worrying about me."

"i do worry about you, just not when you do stupid stuff"

You headed towards the door.

"so your just going to walk away like always?" You stopped in your tracks with your hand on the door.

"or maybe I just don't want to argue anymore." You said and walked out of his boiler room place and slammed the door as hard as you could.

You didn't need Diego always there to help you, so you did what you did best. You went back to go after cha cha and hazel.

You are number 10, you have the power of telekinesis, that really comes in handy, you don't need knife boy.

You and Diego have had many fights. You usually go back because you feel really bad and miss him. But you didn't always go back. You guys stopped dating and talking for a whole year because of a fight.

~~~

Flashback

11 pm

Diego comes through the door. "Were you with her again?"

No answer. The irony is, that is the answer. You nodded a little, clenching your jaw.

"you don't even work with her anymore. Why are you always there?"

"she just needed help looking into something."

"all day?"

".. look I know what your thinking but it was just work related."

"sure."

"really? so what? Again You think I'm cheating?" He laughs a tiny bit, sarcasm highly noted.

"glad you think this is amusing."

"just because we've dated before doesn't mean everytime I see her im fucking her!"

"wow okay just real mature." You said heading to the door.

"walking away again? Typical"

"yeah because if you're going to be this way there's no point in staying."

"fine. Then leave!"

"fine!"

Slam

End of flashback

You put a tracker on Cha's Cha's car just in case something went South, which it did you didn't really get into the action part before everyone decided to stop you.

They must have settled down in a different hotel room. smart.

You went through the bathroom window and snuck up behind them using your telekinesis to open the front door and throw them off. but they already knew. You knocked Hazel's gun out of his hand but at the same time a bullet came hitting you in the chest. You moaned in pain falling on the floor. You aimed at Cha Cha pulling the trigger only getting her leg. She aimed at you again hitting your chest and finishing you.

After what happened Cha Cha and Hazel left quickly hearing the police sirens from afar.

"come on stupid stop staring at my leg and let's go before the cops see us."

::The next morning::

Klaus was laying down in his room when you appeared.

"well hello ever hear of knocking y/n? Come onnn in"

"wait how did i get here?"

"By Walking? Are you doing drugs your starting to sound like me." He chuckles.

"wait no. I'm - im... .. dead This can't be good. "

"your not de-" he stopped himself when he went to put his hand on your shoulder, because his hand just went right through.

"holy shit, how did you die?"

"It was cha cha and hazel. Man their good."

"I thought-"

There was a knock on the door and then it opened "we're having a family meeting, I'm here to get you."

"Diego." You almost cried. You went to touch his cheek but Klaus quickly said.

"that's great! I mean alright yeah, I'm coming."

"where's y/n?" Luther asked.

"she's not coming."

"why not ?" Allison asked.

"we had a fight." No one said anything.

"okay well-" luther started but Pogo interrupted:

"I think you guys may want to see this."

On the tv ::

"no one knows how she got there or what happened- we're asking for anyone with information to come forward, to help solve this case and give this girl justice."

Diego couldn't breath. This was all a living nightmare. He thought he might get sick seeing you laying on the floor with blood next to you, He got chills.

"no." He whispered. You started crying because you just wanted to hug him and tell him you were here. Diego left he couldn't be there any longer, he was suffocating.

He headed towards he police department.

"come on please just tell me where they have her. I just want to say goodbye" he says with glossy eyes to Eudora.

"I don't think that's a good idea. It'll just hurt more."

"please." She gave him a sad face and drove him so he could say goodbye.

"I'm sorry." She said in the car. She was because of course it's sad but also because just the day before she was with him all day.

When Diego walked in he seen the two bullet holes right by your chest and that's what made him lose it. He started crying hard

"I'm s-s-o sorry, y/n if we weren't fighting then y-you would still be here... I'm sorry baby. I l-love you." He gave your forehead a long kiss and took off the necklace you were wearing, putting it on around his neck. You saw it all and you were a crying mess. Diego hasn't stuttered in so long it broke your heart to witness that.

He went back to the his boiler room place and seen your stuff out. Like your face wash some clothes, and makeup it made it seem like you were just there and nothing happened. Diego just cried and cried and cried until he feel asleep hours later.

Meanwhile -

"come on Klaus you have to tell him pleaseeeee."

~~~~~~~

Let me know what you think of this !