Prologue

What was once a lustrous night, has now become plagued into a seamless pool of despair. As winds blow hundreds of miles an hour, the small town of Roseville falls into a spiraling realm of chaos. The lands impel to crash and crumble, as the chills of the strengthening winds fill neighboring bodies with angst. The heavens too have been cursed, cursed with the intensity of electric blue strikes. Whilst the forsaken lands dissolve, those whom are trapped by cause, render to bid their adieu. The shadows have once more returned to capture the remaining gleam in the falling skies, as for the time is near...

"There's a hurricane coming! There's a hurricane coming!" Shouts a hurried gray man.

"what is all the racket about Percy? What on earth is going on?" Vanderwal's puzzled as he rushes outside. He can see Percy coming at him from a distance.

"Sire! Sire!" The shouting man says out of breath. "there's a hurricane coming sire, we must rally the horses and get Her Highness at once!" His voice strained and eyes full of dread.

"Percy take a moment and breathe." Says Vanderwal. "Eliza is in delivery right now. You must understand my duties. We can not just pack up and go!"

"What are we to do sire? You and I too know It is not safe here any longer! You had known the time was to come yet we awaited the child to be birthed. It is here! The time is upon us! We can not wait further!" Exclaimed Percy, ragefully frazzled in the rain.

He looked quite lost in the mist of his Master and friend. His long years and hard work seem to be mocked by the torturous events to come. He was ready to move, ready to leave behind the dark days of his past.

"But Perc..." A heavy noise cuts of Vanderwal as he speaks. As the clouds congeal in the skies, a realization is triggered to permit itself.

Looking into the darkness, then back to Vanderwal, "It is coming, the darkness. Can you not see?" Percy questions with dread filled eyes.

With his own eyes beginning to water, Vanderwal releases a fragile, quivering breath before he speaks. "It seems to me my old age has gotten the best of me, my old friend. I am afraid it is already here. Alas, we do not carry much time, what should have been done long ago must be done today. Go now Percy, I shall be acquainted with you shortly. Gather the others and transfer Eliza to the leading carriage at once. Meet me in the corridor at end, we have much to discuss, and fleeting time to do so."

"Yes sire! At once!" yells Percy, as he rushes off- ready for action. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Leave a Comment and Let Me Know if You Would Enjoy This? 

It's been my dream to write and publish for ages and I'm finally getting the courage to post what I've been holding off for years now. 

XOXO
-N