Chapter four

Tris pov

"Can I at least get a hint to where we are going" I ask Tobias as we continue to drive.

"We're almost there" he chuckles

"Fine" I say and he turns to me as we pull up to a red light.

"You really do look so beautiful. I mean you always look beautiful but today- nevermind" he says and I giggle leaning over to kiss his cheek.

"Thank you. You look really nice too" I say and the light turns green.

We drive for another 10 minutes then we arrive to a colorful carnival in a small town.

"We're here" He says and I smile big.

"I love carnivals. How did you know" I ask him

"I did my research" he says and I get out the car excited.

We buy some tickets and head to the biggest ride there.

"So you're a roller coaster type of girl" he ask me and I nod.

"I love it" I say

"There's something about the wind in your hair that's so exciting to me" I add

We wait in line and talk about anything and everything. Laughing our heads off as we wait in this line that could last forever but I wouldn't care because I was with him.

We finally get on the ride and it starts. We zoom off and go up and down, loop after loop. I don't know who screamed more. Me or Tobias?

When we get off he grabs my hand and pulls me to the cotton candy stand.

"This was my favorite thing to get at the carnival growing up" he tells me and I smile thinking about younger Tobias.

"I'm more of a freshly squeezed lemonade type of girl. I could also eat a whole funnel cake just to myself" I say and he chuckles

"Funnel cake and you just makes sense for some reason" he says

He gets his cotton candy and I steal a few pieces from his. He buys me a funnel cake and we share a large lemonade.

"The next thing we have to buy. I'm paying. You're being too nice. Let me get something for you" I say as we walk hand and hand throw the carnival

We get on a few slower paced rides and then there's a baseball booth, where you can win prizes.

"I'm more of a football guy but I can throw a few balls" he says paying the booth guy.

He gets all the balls perfectly into the buckets and wins a giant bear. Of course he gives it to me.

"You didn't have to do that" I say accepting the bear with a smile

"I know I don't but I want to" He says and I look up at him while he looks down at me. At this moment I feel the tension pushing us together. I think we're going to kiss when a downpour of rain comes out of nowhere.

He holds my hand and we run back to his car soaked and wet. We reach the car and non stop laugh.

We were going to kiss but the rain stopped us.

"Hungry?" He ask opening his trunk revealing a blanket and a picnic basket

"I had a picnic planned but the rain has decided for other plans. I have a big, long trunk we could eat here if you want. If your not in the mood for this we could totally go somewhere else" he says and I giggle shaking my head nod and hopping into the trunk and taking a seat.

"This sounds perfect" I say and he smiles following.

He was right he does have a big, long trunk.

We sit on the blanket and he opens the picnic basket filled with fruits, sandwiches and bottles of water.

"Did you make all of this" I ask as he turns on a camping light and putting it in the middle of us.

"I am a sandwich making king. It's my specialty" he says handing me half a sandwich

It's filled with cheese, tomatoes, and spinach. It was delicious.

I pick at some grapes as we talk and laugh about little inside jokes and things that happened tonight.

I chug half of my water and he laughs.

"Thirsty" he ask

"Very" I answer with a giggle

"There's that laugh" he says and I quietly giggle again.

"You are just so amazing Tobias Eaton. A true romantic" I say to him and he laces our fingers together.

"I try" he quietly says

"Sorry for calling you a man whore when we first met. You are nothing like that" I say and he chuckles

"It's okay. We were just getting to know each other. Back then I will admit. I was a man whore. But ever since we started this project you have really changed me. You're all I think about and all I want. I would do anything to kiss you right now" he says and I look up at him with caring eyes.

"Kiss me" I whisper shakily

He moves closer to me and I push hair out of my face as he leans closer.

He puts a gentle hand on my cheek and guides my face to match perfectly with his. Once our lips touch they lock perfectly.

I sit stiff for a second until I wrap my arms around his neck and he scoops me onto his lap.

I don't even realize that I start kissing deeper into our kiss and he gladly accepts going along with it.

He pulls away and rest his hands on my waist.

"Is this okay for you? I know that was your first kiss" he says

"I'm okay, thanks for asking" I say and he leans up and kisses me again. This is with more force and more passion.

His lips move from my lips to my neck. This is a new feeling but it feels good. My hands play with the ends of his hair as he sucks on a lower part of my collarbone. I pull away giggling, connecting our lips back.

No hickies today.

"Sorry it that was too much" he says

"It's okay, you don't have to apologize. I'm having a good time" I say and he nods as we start a slow kiss.

I pull off my cardigan because it's getting hot. He holds my lower back and I arch my back as he deepens our kiss, finally laying me down to loom over me.

I hold his face as we kiss and kiss and kiss. He puts a hand on my waist and moves it up to travel my body.

Our kissing speeds up and I even kiss his neck a little but I stop so we can kiss again. I lay down and he leaves soft kisses again on my neck and stops at the top of my shirt.

We kiss again and one of his hands slip under my shirt. I pull away from our kiss and he takes his hand out.

"Sorry that overstepped" he says

"No it's okay. I think we should stop anyway" I say and he lifts me back up to a sitting position.

"I never want to make you feel uncomfortable" he says

"You made me feel very comfortable. Thanks for being a gentleman" I say and he kisses my head putting a strand of hair behind my ear.

"You're not bad at all for that being your first kiss" he says

"Well Thank you" I say reaching up to kiss him one last time. He leaves a soft kiss on my lips then we pack up the picnic and we head home.