Chapter 15

I roll over and see Juliet with a gun in her hand being held in her mouth.

I jump up and knock the gun out of her hand to the ground. She looks up at me in shock then starts crying. I look at her for a second then wrap my arms around her. She just sobs in my shirt. For what seems like hours was only minutes she cried on my shoulder. 

"What have I done with my life?" She cries. "I had such an amazing life ahead of it. I wasted it on chasing love I never needed. I don't know what was going through my head. I'm so stupid."

"No, you're not. You're just scared. I need you to calm down. Just calm down and we can talk." 

She sniffles and wipes her tears and sits back up. I look down and she's wearing a torn up hoodie and baggy pants she probably grabbed out of the Good Will bin. She needs help. I lean down and grab the gun and set it next to me so she can't grab it again. 

"What's going on? I say. She looks down and a tear slips down her cheek. 

"I've thrown my life away. No one loves me and the one person I thought I'd spend the rest of my life with loves you. After Andy, everything just went downhill. I couldn't get my life together. I lost my job. I started drinking. I slept with everyone I met. I'm pretty sure I have Aids and will die early. It would probably be better."

"No. No, it wouldn't. You may think it's all over but we're going to get you some help. But we need to get out of here. Is Seth out there?" I ask and look over her shoulder. She rolls her eyes at his name and shakes her head no. 

"He went out to get food about 10 minutes ago. He should be back in about 20 minutes." 

At that, I grab the gun and her hand stand up. God, I'm sore. She looks at me confused and furrows her brow. 

"Let's go, man. We obviously don't have much time." I say and she stands and follows me. We walk out to the front room and it wreaks of weed. I look at the coffee table and grab a twenty and a pocket knife he must have left behind. This should get us transportation and maybe some food. I walk over to the window and peak out and look for a car. Nothing. I turn around and Juliet is standing behind me looking outside. She points at a path in the distance.

"That's the path we can take. It's about a mile long. There's a little town on the end. He shouldn't be back until we are out of the forest and hidden." 

"Yeah I'm not taking those chances. What we're gonna do is follow along the trail till we hit the town. Far enough from it that if he comes driving down it he won't be able to see us." 

She nods and we head out. Please let this work out..

----

So I might be still posting??