Young and Wild

Alex is 16 and this was the night that changed everything. He had enough and so he left the family. Went rogue for months and Maleah found him on his way to Utah.

The song plays through my radio and my dad comes up the stairs. I hear Don yelling at my mom. They found out about him didn't they?! They never leave me alone. I sigh and my door opens to have my dad with a belt, the usual. "What now?" I say and leave my homework alone.

He grabs me and throws everything in the ground. "I TOLD YOU! NO BOYFRIENDS!" He yells and hits me in the face. "NOBODY LIKES YOU" he yells again and hits me in the back. He starts yelling more and hitting my back more. He hits me in the leg and when he's done with me I'm bleeding. My bed filled with blood. Blood in my thighs, arms, back. I go to sleep and I can't sleep. I'm in a lot of pain. I get changed in booty -ish shorts that will last long, and a sweatshirt. I put on some vans and pack my bag with all my money I have been saving up for a $10,000 computer, a blanket, and some clothes. I jump out of my window and land in my yard.

I run to don's house and I see him bleeding too. I can't bring him but I just bring him with me anyways. Don packs up and we leave in the night. We take his car and he stops driving. "I can't do this." He tells me and I nod. "I'm sorry." He kisses me and I get out of his car. "I love you." He tells me and I nod and blow him a kiss. He catches it and smiles. That was the last time I ever saw don again.

I walk around L.A looking for a place to stay at. I don't find anywhere but I just walk. I find a train stop and head to somewhere near Utah. I don't find Maleah anywhere so I just stay poor in Utah. I don't use any of my money yet. Not now at least.

The road is long and I'm ready for anything. I've met a lot of people and nothing can stop me. I have been having the most fun ever. Dancing around the fire, knowing we are okay. I found my people on the road. We are like a group. Except some us are gone. One girl got sick and died. She was my best friend, her name was Rue. I met a guy named Chris on the road too. He's going to New York and he's taking me with him. We found a car, someone gave it to us and all I know is that we won't make it. That night when we were driving Chris got drunk and crashed. I survived the crash but Chris didn't. Everything that I loved, burnt. Pictures of me, notes that I have been keeping, and the address that Maleah had. I ran away that night knowing that I survived. Winter hits and all I know is that I won't make it. I met a guy that cold night in the bar. He took me to somewhere near Utah since his car broke down. After that I have been going with bikers. They took me all the way to Utah and I started looking for Maleah again. It's just a matter if time before I die.

Two years later..

It starts to rain and there's no shelter around me. I sit in the curve and stay in pain. I have no money, no food, no family, no friends, no love, nothing. I have nothing to care about and I have giving up on Maleah. I get soaked and then I see a car stop by me. "Alex?" I hear a voice. I raise my head a little and I'm starving for food. I haven't ate in 2 days. "Oh my god what happened?!" I can't see her face but I know it's a girl. I recognize her voice a little.

"Who are you?" I ask her. She grabs a towel and cleans my eyes and face and the white towel turns, black -ish. I open my eyes but I still can't see her face cause the rain keeps going in my eyes.

"We found him." The girl says and takes me into her car. "You'll be alright Alex." She says and I faint.

I don't wake up until hours from now and I see myself in a bed. "Maleah." I whisper and she smiles.....