Chapter 4: Magical Mayhem

The next morning was pretty quiet and everyone got up rather late. Alcor took a piece of toast from the rack as Mabel set it down, buttering it and spreading it with jam, "I haven't had toast in ages!" 

He took a bite savoring the flavor, "Still just as good as the last time I ate it!"

Dipper stood there watching, mouth open, "How!?"

Alcor finished his mouthful "Well magic is quite ama-"

Dipper grabbed Alcor's shirt "Tell me" he hissed into Alcor's face,

"Just a spell...here" Alcor said coolly, poofing up a piece of paper and handing it to Dipper.

Dipper followed the instructions and said the spell, before looking up with a grin and quickly grabbing some toast. He took a bite and flavour coated his now working taste buds, "IT WORKED!" Dipper cried with his mouth full.

Alcor chuckled and finished his toast, "It's good huh? You do realize me giving you all this early help and pointers is changing my time line. I'm getting memories of me eating food and using spells I've had to wait years to eat and do."

"Sorry" Dipper said "I just missed food"

"After four days?"

"Yes, it's weird not eating food, I feel like I'm starving myself"

Alcor nodded "I suppose, it was difficult for me at first"

Ford came into the kitchen with a tired look, "Hey Ford, enjoy your nap?"

Ford narrowed his eyes "What?"

"Your nap, you were passed out on your desk, drooling all over your paperwork, it was funny"

Dipper snorted with laughter.

Ford grumbled and noticed the toast in Dipper's hand , "Dipper, I thought you couldn't taste it?" he questioned.

"Alcor gave me a spell! I can taste it now!" he said happily, Ford chuckled "That's good, I suppose, you don't actually need it still right?"

Alcor shook his head "He doesn't need it, he can still eat it, he won't even get fat, trust me on this, I ate like 100 donuts, one after the other and nothing, I didn't even feel sick! Plus not having to use the bathroom is also great, still don't know where all the food I eat goes, its still a mystery!"

Dipper laughed.

"Lucky" Stan said, coming in rubbing his back, he stretched and the bones cracked and popped loudly, making Ford cringe, "I wish I was younger, eating all I want, no worries, no back issues, no creaky bones."

Alcor grinned "I could help with that."

Stan perked up "I'm listening."

"I'm going to need a few things, and you would only go back about 20 years, so not much" Alcor said. Ford listened in, he didn't show it but he wouldn't mind be younger either, he still had a vast array of things he couldn't do anymore that he wanted to work on.

Dipper ran out the shack with the list Alcor handed him, "I'll be back!"he cried.

"Dipper, wait!" Ford yelled.

Dipper stopped in his tracks and turned around, "Yeah, Grunkle Ford?"

"Can you get double of everything? I wouldn't mind being young!"

The boy chuckled, "I already put it on there, Alcor said he knew you would want to join Stan"

Ford nodded, sighing "Should of known."