Chapter 2. Getting To Know You

(Corinne's POV/ Outfit🔝) Caroline and I are at the Mystic Grill, sitting at a booth table, eating an omelette

(Corinne's POV/ Outfit🔝) Caroline and I are at the Mystic Grill, sitting at a booth table, eating an omelette. I have a to-go cup of latte. Caroline has a to-go cup of coffee.

"I meant what I said, Corinne, keep away from Klaus", she said to me.

I look at her, confusingly. "Why?"

"Corrine", she says, annoyingly. "Just keep away from him, okay?"

"Okay", I said to her as my phone vibrates on the booth table.

Caroline looks at my phone and sees Klaus's number. She press the 'Decline' button. "Why do you have Klaus's number?"

I look at her nervously as I continue to eat our omelette She looks at me, clearly upset. "Oh my gosh, Corinne"

"What, I wanna get to know him, Caroline", I said to her.

"I don't want you getting to know him, or talk to him", she said to me.

"Okay, okay, calm down", I say to her, shifting my gaze pass her.

She follows my gaze at Klaus, who's sitting at the diner counter, sipping a glass of bourbon. He looks at us and wiggles his fingers at me. Caroline gets up from the booth table and walks to him.

"Keep away from my sister, Klaus", Caroline said to him, folding her arms. "I don't want you talking to her, I don't you want you hanging out with her, and I really don't you texting or even phone calling her"

"Oh, Caroline", Klaus says to her, turning around in his stool. "She's the one who phone called and text me, there's no need to make rules for your little sister"

"I'm protecting her from you", she said to him.

"Is that so, Caroline?", Klaus said to her. "Or is it something else?"

Caroline looks at him, mildly annoyed. "What do you mean by that?"

"I think you don't want me speaking to Corinne not because you're protective, of course, it's something else", he said to her.

Caroline sighs. "Keep away from my sister"

Klaus looks at her as she leaves. She walks over to me, grabbing her to-go cup of coffee. "Let's go, Corinne"

"Okay", I say to her, grabbing my to-go cup of latte. I get up and I accidentally bump into Klaus. "I'm so sorry"

"It's alright, love", he says to me. "I would like to get to know you a bit more"

I look at him. "I would like to get to know you a bit more too"

Klaus and I look at each other with intriguing looks. I wanna get to know him and he wants to get to know me.

"You're kinda like a mysterious dude", I say to him.

He smiles a little. "I could be, love, seems like we're both mysteries"