Chapter 3. Growing Affections

The next morning.

(Corinne's POV/Outfit🔝) I'm at school, helping Tyler and Caroline clean up the gym

(Corinne's POV/Outfit🔝) I'm at school, helping Tyler and Caroline clean up the gym. I walk to Caroline.

"Caroline, can we talk?", I asked her, reluctantly.

"About Klaus, right?", she says, putting the decorations in a box. "I'm pretty sure you and him seem quite cozy"

I look at her as she walks away, taking three box with her. I after her. "Caroline, are you okay?"

"Corrine, I'm fine", she said to me, mildly annoyed. "I'm terrific"

I look at her confusingly. Why is she behaving like that?

"Caroline, you can tell me what's wrong", I say to her.

"I told you to keep away from Klaus, what part of that didn't you get, Corinne?", she says to me, getting aggravated.

"I don't know what you're talking about", I said to her, calmly.

Caroline scoffs. "Really, last night at the dance, clearly, you and Klaus were cozying up to each other, he even got you a dress", she says, trailing off as she pulls out a piece of paper from her jacket pocket and unfolds it.

It's the pencil drawing that Klaus drew of me. "I found it in your room"

"Why are you behaving like that?", I asked her confusingly.

She doesn't answer me as she continues to clean up. I look at her and put the box of decorations on the table, walking out of the gym.

~•~

Minutes after, I'm sitting on the bleacher, gazing at the grass. I don't understand why Caroline's vampiric behavior.

"Corrine?", Klaus says.

I look at him. "Hi, Klaus"

He looks at me, noticing my gloomy look. "What's the matter?"

"Nothing", I say to him. He sits down on the bleacher and holds my hand. I look at him. "Caroline is upset with me"

"Why is she upset?", Klaus asked me.

"I think she's annoyed by me hanging out with you, Klaus", I say to him in a gloomy tone.

"Walk with me?", Klaus asked me.

I look at him as we both get up. We walk around the school field. As we walked, I told Klaus that Caroline got a little jealous because I'm hanging out with him.

"I mean, she told you to keep away from me, and yet, we've been hanging out together", I say to him. "Why are we hanging out?"

"Because I like you", he says to me. "And you're starting to like me. After I met you, I returned later on that evening"