[21]

G E N E S I S

G E N E S I S

"Sitting around miserable all day won't make you any happier," Grayson enters my room as I sigh not wanting to see him at all today.

"I'm not miserable, I'm fine." I lie looking away.

"Yes and I'm gay." He replies ironically.

"What?" I fake. "I've always known it." I sigh and he looks at me puzzled.

"I have no idea why are we even related." He mumbles loudly enough for me to hear him.

"Aren't you going to say goodbye to him at least?" My brother asks referring to Kyle moving out, today.

"No, I might be seeing him there." I shrug. "Plus why do you even care, you hate the guy."

"I don't hate him." He defends himself. "I just don't like him and anyways, this isn't about me. Are you ever going to tell the guy that you will go to the exact same place as him or you will just try to avoid him your whole college's years?"

"He will probably leave to the NBA the first year so yes, I can avoid him," I reply.

"You are so stupid my sister." He comments and I roll my eyes. "You already ditched him on PROM night, I believe you should apologize."

"I'm not gonna go today, stop being annoying Grayson," I utter while drowning my face on the pillow. "Leave me alone, please."

"You can play it safe, and I wouldn't blame you for it. You can continue as you've been doing, and you'll survive, but is that what you want? Is that enough?" He responds and then proceeds to leave my room.

The school has been over for a week. But even before it was over I had isolated myself from everyone. I barely talk to the guys and the only one I let to get to me has been D'Angelo. Finding myself has become a tough task. Deep inside, I know who I am, and that person is smart and kind and often even funny, but somehow my personality always gets lost somewhere between my heart and my mouth, and I find myself saying the wrong thing or, more often, nothing at all.

❥ ❥ ❥

It's almost 9 PM and I'm wandering alone around the house while the bose speaker is playing Tory Lanez at its maximum volume. I sing along as I enter the kitchen. I'm lazy to cook for myself ao I better order a pizza or something. I open the postmates application and start ordering my food.

After 30 minutes the bell rings. I try to fix my hair a bit trying not to scare the delivery guy or girl. I happily open the door but slam it, even faster.

"What the fuck," I say to myself.

"Genesis!" I hear Kyle's voice on the other side screaming.