Lifs and Lifthrasirs

Copyright Ⓒ 2018 by B. Bailey All Rights Reserved 

Yggdrasil was the first tree and its three roots connect the 9 realms. All around it's base are groves of every kind of tree and one of these groves has a special apple tree with golden apples that reverse age which the Goddess Iduna watches over, collecting the apples and keeping them in a box so the tree remains hidden. The Founding Lifs and Lifthrasirs (otherwise known as the First Generation) imitated the effect of those apples in Albiones, the land that they created with their power.

They are not as effective as the Idunas' apples are. The being who consumes the apple has their aging slowed instead of reversed, matching 1 physical year to one Asgardian Year, which is equivalent to 1,200 Earth Years. Instead of being autonomous with the effects, the mortal created "Blessed Apples" only work in the land that they were grown in, binding body that is altered to that land.

Once consumed, the being has to live their long life confined to Albiones, never able to leave. It's not a matter of self preservation - they actually hit a barrier that they cannot cross.

Lif and Lifthrasirs

Based off of one of the meditation poses and the description and image from:

Kundalini,The Mother of the Universe,byRishi Singh Gherwal, [1930], at sacred-texts.com.

Excluding the Triskele and Triquetra, the roots which grow out of the Chakra points are as follows, starting from the base of the spine and going up before circling back to the Triquetra.

First is Earth, relating to Svartalheim and the Trolls (and other various races that manipulate the Earth to a lesser extent).

Second is Water, relating to Midgard and Humans perception of time, Aegir and the Rivers, who teach how to control water.

Third is Fire, relating to Muspelheim and the Fire Jotuns known as Muigh who control and create Fire.

Fourth is Air, relating to Jotunheim and Jotuns who control the 5 dharanas, of airs of life, in their bodies.

Fifth is Aether, relating Vanaheim and the Vanir who manipulate the living energy within their own bodies to influence the world around them (Casting).

Sixth is Time, relating to Alfheim and it's relationship to plants and consideration to the worlds constant cycles.

Seventh is Thought, relating the Nidavellir and the Dwarves for their creativity and ability to overcome obstacles with their imagination and intelligence.

Eighth is the Triquetra which relates to Nifleheim and Helheim within it and the protection of the cycle of energy. This also includes manipulation of ice, mist, the mind and Underworld abilities.

And the final root is the Triskele, relating to Asgard and the control of the internal energy. For the Lif and Lifthrasirs this means understanding the unique traits of the Mortal, Ethereal and Incorporeal planes of existence with the ability to successfully synchronize with those energies to create within those Realms.