Getting a Grip

I don't know what to do. I suddenly froze and I felt all the shivers down my spine. How come he still has this effect on me? I shouldn't be feeling this and it's so irritating that I'm still being affected. It shouldn't be like this. It shouldn't be. Urgh!

Get a grip, Sara! Breathe...

Somehow, I still managed to give him a 24-carat smile. I don't know how I was able to do that but gratefully, I did. It didn't last long anyway. 

"You look great, Sara!" Carson said with a wide smile. 

I genuinely thanked his presence for it really gave me an excuse not to linger over my ex's visage. Meanwhile, Carson led me to the cottage and acted like we're so close to each other. Yeah, I just know him by face and by name. Nothing more.

"Sara! Finally, you're here!" 

Alright. There's pretty Amie in a long floral maxi-dress waving her hand at me and her colorful bangles add detail to that exertive motion. She's a model and it's normal for her to look gorgeous everyday. She never really gets out of style. She knows what wear looks good on her. Very not me. We're bestfriends but there are just many different things that we don't match with. But since we've been friends for more than a decade now, we both learned to accept and bully each other. Haha. We've chosen to stick together through thick and thin. No break-ups. 

Her high-pitched voice which I was hearing since I woke up this morning divided my attention. "Why would you always keep me waiting for you? You know how I hate that!" she scowled at me.

"And I hate you waiting for me even when I didn't ask you to." I scowled back at her. 

"Alright. White flag here..." She acted like twirling a flag. "By the way, you didn't spend much time deciding what to wear, did you?" she teased as she smiled.

"Do I look okay?" I suddenly softened my voice.

"Hmm... are you asking for my levelheaded opinion?"

"Be honest, Amie."

"Hmm... no."

I covered my face and felt all the weight of the world on my back. I should've chosen wearing that loose shirt and faded shorts rather than this coral shirt dress with a sleek fedora complete with this hexagon sunglasses. 

"You don't look okay. You look fascinating! Can I say more?"

I peeked through my fingers then she laughed.

"I heard him say 'wow'!" she giggled and raised her brows up and down at me. I decoded the signal waves of the unspoken name and a part of me just giggled as well. 

This feeling is a curse. Definitely a curse.