Chapter 5

7th June 2019
Mirae POV
I've been sitting with Jungkook and his friends for about almost 2 weeks now, tbh I like these guys more than I like my friends who I usually sit with. I've even been pondering over the thought of breaking up with my boyfriend since
I've realised that I'm a lot happier with Jimin, Hoseok etc than him.

I admit, I find Yoongi pretty handsome with an interesting personality, I could have a crush on him. But then there's Jimin who's cute with squishy (face) cheeks, his other cheeks are a whole other story...
But then there's Hoseok, he's so funny and weird and attractive.
Tbh the only guy who I'm not attracted to at our table is Jungkook, he's just really quiet and I think of him as a brother/ bestfriend.
I'm trying to make it super clear that I have no feelings for him because I really care about him, I wouldn't want him to take anything the wrong way and end up heartbroken.
He doesn't really speak a lot so I'm not sure if he likes me as a friend or not. But I know for sure he really likes Lisa.

Lisa is a total mean girl. She's so over the top, an attention seeker and cold hearted. I don't see what Jungkook likes about her, maybe he's blinded by her beauty. He looks at her like she is the light of his life, yet the only thing she's ever said to him was an insult. Sigh.

***
"Hey, I'm gonna eat with Jungkook and his friends again" I tell Chanyeol, grabbing my bag.
He quickly takes hold of my wrist and spins me back so I would face him.

"Again?! I'm your boyfriend yet you prefer to eat with those dorks instead of me" He exclaims, gesturing towards them.

"Honestly they're way better than you, you guys are so depressing and I don't need your negativity in my life" I state, pulling my wrist away from him and then I storm away.
Chanyeol. He is what you would call a popular jerk. It's weird because at first he was one of those emo kids with long purple and black hair who wore all black, but now he has short dark brown hair and his style is so different, it's as though he has a private stylist at his house.
With a change of appearance also came a change of personality, with all the popularity he got with his new looks he began to think he could treat others however he wanted. I tried to keep him HuMbLe but after a while I gave up and accepted that he changed.

But what I'm happy about is that he didn't ditch his old friends; Lucas and Mark. They were also pretty emo and  gothic and still haven't quite grown out of that 'phase'. I guess they're alright but they can be annoying and childish.
But Chanyeol also made a new friend called Taeyong. Taeyong has fiery red hair and his stare creeps me out. He's actually so scary and intimidating.

That's so embarrassing to admit that he scares me... you may not know this but my 'label' at school is a mix between bAd GiRl and dork, I'm really smart but I don't really care about school or grades. I guess you could say that a lot of people are either intimidated by me or love me. Only a few despise me. I swear I'm not trying to sound stuck up or full of myself lmao.
"Hey losersssss!" I exclaim, hitting Taehyung on the back of his head, and gaining a few greetings back.

Once I'm seated, I take a quick look around the table and notice Jungkook isn't there.

"He's speaking to the librarian" Jimin tells me, nudging my arm.

But as soon as he finishes his sentence, Jungkook appears on the other side of the table and quietly tells Taehyung that he was with his music teacher.

I give Jimin that meme-look where I know that one of them have been caught in a lie.
(A/n: i was gonna get a picture of the meme but I can't find it 😢)

"Hey Jungkook, are you active on Instagram much?" I ask, leaning more towards his direction.

"Uh, n-not really"

"Could we exchange numbers then so we can text about studying ?" As soon as I mentioned the word 'number' I caught the whole tables attention.

"S-sure" he replied, quite flustered.

If he thinks I'm only gonna text him about studying, then he's in for a surprise.