Second Part

"Something is missing."

Jimin closes his eyes and tries not to burst as a huff leaves his lips. Jungkook is studying him with his eyes as he adjusts a single move for the twentieth time just because Jungkook thinks 'something is missing'. He looks different today, like all his pictures on the huge billboards are, well-groomed and expensively dressed, and it only adds to the reasons Jimin is starting to hate him. It's not his choreography anymore, and he wonders why he was hired on the first place.

Without hiding his discontent, he replies with a roll of his eyes as he crosses his arms over his chest. "And what would that be?"

There's a bandana attached to Jungkook's belt that he takes out and holds it in front of Jimin who furrows his brows at him. "Your moves are a bit tense," he starts, and Jimin is about to tell him the exact reason his moves are restricted when he continues. "The first time I watched you dance, you let the music take over your body," he looks down at the bandana in his hand before he's looking back up at him. "Have you ever thought about dancing with a blindfold?"

Jimin sighs, "no."

"I think it will help you," Jungkook gives him no time to reply as his eyes are covered in the next second, and while his mouth is left open with no words, Jungkook's hands are working behind his head to secure a tie before he feels the arms around his head retreat. "Now, shall we try again?" His voice is a bit distant as he moves to replay the song, and Jimin tries to relax, forcing his mind to accept Jungkook's bullshit because it's his job, but contemplating continuing the practice alone at home. At least Taehyung's presence always encourages him. He feels Jungkook's hand at his shoulder tapping once to signal for him to start, and Jimin takes a deep breath, following the latest dance Jungkook has come up with. There's a hand on his waist next that startles him, and he's starting to get annoyed at how Jungkook is still changing the dance, and he stumbles backwards into Jungkook's chest when a whisper reaches his ear. "Follow my lead."

Another change in the dance as Jungkook twirls him around, and he's had enough. He takes the blindfold off, glaring this time at Jungkook, and pushes him back slightly when he notices the little space between them. "That's enough!" Jungkook's eyes hold the same look as the previous time, but they change to concern at Jimin's shout. "I'm a professional dancer. You could have told me what moves you want me to follow without the fucking blindfold!" He throws the bandana at him. "In fact, why don't you cancel this contract since you seem to know what dance move you want?!"

Jungkook's gaze trails down, catching the bandana in his hand, and he waits a beat to speak. "You seemed hesitant, I only wanted you to feel free," he replies quietly, raising his head slightly to look at Jimin. "You're an amazing dancer, Jimin. Where you were dancing with that girl, you were weightless, but with me you're just ..." he trails off with a sigh. "I apologize if I made you feel uncomfortable, but the lyrics of the song and what I had in mind is so different than what you offer, and it's so clear that you're avoiding me even after informing you that I would be your dance partner." Jimin blinks at him as his thinks over his words, and well ... He's not exactly wrong, but ... "I want to see the same performer I came here for, and I'm sorry but, I won't accept any less." Jimin avoids his gaze, and silence takes over them for a couple of minutes before Jungkook speaks up again, his tone lighter this time with a tiny smile decorating his face. "Anyway, I was meant to tell you that we've finished preparing the shooting area, and I'm pretty sure you'll love it!" Jimin looks up at him again, but Jungkook is already turning and waving goodbye, the bandana left behind on the speakers.

🍬

At seven o'clock in the morning, Taehyung isn't really tolerating anyone, especially those who knock at his door at such hour on the weekends. Normally, he would be awake, having breakfast with Jimin before each is off to their respective workplace. He's guessing it's their new neighbor, and now that he's thinking about it, Jimin didn't mention anything about the next door being occupied. He'd normally notice, even the lights are sometimes on and are visible from the street, and a deep frown reaches his face at that. Jimin must've had plenty on his head to not care that much. The second thought he gets though as he hears the annoying bell again, is that Seokjin might be in dire need, and it's what gets him to drop his feet to the floor, but not without groaning out loud. He passes by Jimin's door, finding the latter sleeping deeply, adorably pouting with his cheeks pressed to the pillow, and a smile appears on his face, almost going inside to leave a quiet kiss on his squishy cheeks before the door interrupts him again, and another groan escapes his lips as he closes Jimin's bedroom door and goes to open the front door.