chapter 2

~•~ Jake's POV ~•~

I look at Colby before speaking, "After you guys moved here, all of our other friends back in Kansas sort of.. ditched me. You guys held our group together after you moved? We all drifted apart.."

Colby moves closer to me and puts an arm around my shoulders. I feel myself blush a little so I look away. "It's okay now Jake, you're here with us. Forgot about those guys." I stop myself from blushing, look up at him and smile. "Thank you, Colby. I'm so glad I'm here with you guys now." I pull him into a proper hug and rest my head on his shoulder. Why can't we do this all of the time? He pulls away first. "I'll leave you. let you unpack.." he says whilst standing up. "Okay.. thanks again" I smile.

~•~ Colby's POV ~•~

I go downstairs and see Sam sat in the kitchen so I go to sit next to him. "Hey, Sam." He puts his plate down and looks towards me. "Hey Colby, what's up?" He says with a mouth full of food. "Nothing really..." I reply. He laughs and looks away for a second. "Seriously what's up?"
I hesitate at first and start to blush a little, "I.. I think I like Jake.."

Sam raises his eyebrows at me. "What makes you think that?" I'm surprised. That's the first question he asks? Not you like a guy? "Well, I asked him why he decided to move here now. And he told me, and then he hugged me. The hug was amazing, I got butterflies and I was blushing so much. Also, why didn't you ask something about me liking a guy?"

"Colby I've known you for years. You've never been in a relationship with a girl for longer than a month. Plus, I sort of thought you liked Jake back then too. I've seen the way you look at him"

I feel so embarrassed. I didn't even think anyone noticed that. "So you're cool with it?" Sam looks confused. "Of course Colby, you're my best friend."

~•~ JAKE'S POV ~•~

I relax in my room for a bit, wanting to sleep but not being able to. Instead, I decide to look at Colby's instagram and stalk this hottie. I keep scrolling until I end up back in 2015... I guess I got a little carried away... I stop being a creep and go outside. Maybe I'll try out the pool? Sam and Colby always complain about how it's freezing most of the time. Sounds fun. I go downstairs and pass Sam and Colby, who are in the kitchen, and Corey and Devyn who are sat on the couch. I'm assuming Aaron's raging at fortnite. I say hey to everyone whilst I pass and Colby decides to come to the pool with me.

~•~ COLBY'S POV ~•~

I sit down at the edge of the pool, trying not to look at Jake taking his shirt off. Colby. Stop. Looking. He'll think you're weird. Just stop. I stand up to move away from the pool and see I have a new text from Sam.

~•~

Sam: I see you staring Cole 😉
Colby: Shut up Samuel 🙄🙄
Sam: He's coming towards youuu!!

~•~

I put my phone down quickly and look up at Jake. "You coming in the pool or not?" He asks. I look at him up and down and get lost for a moment, forgetting that I should probably respond. "Oh... Um yeah sure" Jake smiles at me and turns away. Those dimples... I take my shirt off too and jump into the pool. Jake starts to chase after me so I go underwater and grabs his legs. He screams a little and then pulls me up.

Jake is grabbing my arms, keeping us both up and looking straight at me. I bite at my lip and I can feel my cheeks burning. What he is doing? He looks into my eyes and a little longer before smirking at me and pulling us both under the water. I swim away from him and climb out of the pool, to see Sam watching from the window. He looks at me slightly confused and points between me and Jake. I shrug my shoulders.

~•~ a few hours later ~•~

Sam suggests that we all watch a movie together to celebrate Jake moving in, so we bring blankets down from our rooms and we all sit down. Jake is sat next to me, I'm glad we turned the lights off otherwise everyone would be able to see me blushing. We're about halfway through the movie and I start to get sleepy when I feel a hand on my knee. Is that who I think it is? I move my head a little to look at Jake. He's staring right at the TV but I can see a smirk on his face.

This part is super trash but I enjoyed writing it so here you go. Also I'm sorry for not uploading for like 3 weeks. Peace out 😌✌🏻