chapter 3

~•~ JAKE'S POV ~•~

I look at Colby. Even though it's dark, I can see him blushing a little. I keep my hand there until he grabs it and places it away from his knee. I try not to react until he whispers into my ear. "Come with me" I look back at him slightly confused at first but then he stands up and walks outside so I follow him. Corey and Sam look at me, so I shrug my shoulders at them and step outside. Colby is there, and I turn to face him.

"What the hell are you doing Jake?" He sounds angry, but he looks sad. "Why would you do that to me?" I'm confused. I was just being stupid and messing around so why is he so bothered? I try to explain but I can't find the words. "Why would you do that if you know I like you?" Wait what? Colby likes me? He quickly realised what he's said and goes bright red. "You... like me?"

Colby takes a step back before turning around and running upstairs. I stay for a second before running inside. As Colby runs upstairs, Sam, Corey, Devyn and Aaron walk out to where I am. "Colby!" I shout for him up the stairs and then sit on the bottom step. Sam speaks first, "What just happened?" Everyone else is staring at me, so I get up and turn away, "Ask Colby" I say, before going to my room and slamming the door shut.

~•~ SAM'S POV ~•~

I face everyone else. "Guys, stay down here. I'll go talk to Colby." They nod to me and sit back down, so I turn around and go upstairs. I reach Colby's door and knock. "Who is it?" I hear a muffled voice. I open the door a little and Colby turns around to look at me. "Hey... it's just me. Are you okay?" He turns away and stares at the wall. "I messed up. Like, really messed up." I come into the room and sit down next to him. "What happened?" I ask, slightly concerned. "Jake was messing around. I thought that he was flirting with me... he wasn't... I asked him why... and I accidentally told him I liked him"
Colby puts his head in his hands. "He looked so shocked I just ran away. I didn't even let him finish, and now I'm going to lose him. Jake... he's going to hate me." I hear his voice break so I pull him into a hug. "I'm sure he'll be fine Colby. Just give him time." Colby pulls back and smiles at me. "Thanks Sam."

~•~ JAKE'S POV ~•~

I messed up. Why couldn't I have just said the right thing? I had to go and screw things up. I hear a knock at my door by I don't answer. I don't want to talk to anyone right now. "Jake. Let me in." It's Sam. Great, he's probably going to come and scream at me. "If you don't open the door I will come in there." I sigh before replying. "Fine. Come in." I stand up and open the door, only for Sam to shove past me and go to the other side of the room. "What do you see Colby as? Do you like him? Do you not? You need to tell me."

"No. I don't. Okay? But this doesn't mean I'm going to stop being friends with Colby. I love him, but not like that. I'm sorry." Sam sighs and walks back to my door. "Just... don't say anything about this to him, please." I nod before Sam leaves and I sit back down.

Sorry this is short I just didn't know what else to write. Lemme know if you enjoyed it ✌🏻
Word count | 623