Chapter 3

"Will there be anything else?" I tear my eyes away from the "Fasten Your Seatbelt" sign at the front of the cabin to the stewardess smiling at me and Joan, both of us sitting side by side.

               "No. Thank you. This is fine." I stare at my bag of peanuts, very stereotypical, and our attendant leaves us as I bend to the side with Joan to look out the window.

               "Wow. Would you look at that? Flying overhead to the unsuspecting England, ready to welcome the bright new business woman, Raven Dawn Brooks...lucky Britain." She winks and I chuckle at her.

               "I still don't see how you got my dad to say yes. I mean, he's more easy going than my mom, but this is going AGAINST her so..." I shrug and she squeezes my shoulder for a second.

               "I don't know. I guess he and I just get along. Either way, I gave some very good reasons as to why you deserved a break. You're starting to look haggard and I don't like it. Besides, I always see you skimming through news or books about England and I thought it was about time to take you back. A year is too long." She opens my bag of peanuts for me and I rest my head on the seat.

               "It will be nice to visit." Very nice. But also terrifying. I can just feel the memories down there on earth, waiting to grab me the second I step off of this plain, and I pray desperately that I don't have to walk by the same spot I begged Chandler to stay with me all those days ago.

               It's going to be hard enough without seeing that.

               I mean...I'm really, minutes away, from actually being back.

               I think I might be sick.

               "Joan...I..." I start to move when a stewardess eyes me, then points to the "Fasten Your Seat Belt" sign.

               "Rave?" I feel my Asian friend rub her hand on the back of my shirt, and I bite my cheek to keep myself steady. Oh my gosh...I really don't feel well.

________

-Chandler's P.O.V.-

               I reach for my earphone's in my bag for the 30th time, but can't reach cuz they've put the seatbelt sign on and my arms aren't 2 yards long. Fvck, do they have to make these seatbelts so tight?

               "Stacy, kick my bag closer." I stare at her while she checks things off a list, her own earphones on and I'm tempted to pull one muffler back and let it slap her head but decide against it.

               That might not be the best idea, especially when I'm next to the window and don't have a way out. Normally I wouldn't give a fvck about music, it's boring either way on these sh1tty planes, but the entire, fvcking flight of passengers, are doing covers of "Pitch Perfect" and I'm about to pull my hair out if I have to listen to any more tone deaf wannabe's.

               I finally give up the fact that Stacy's in her own world, the one she's fit for, and I stare out the window, my eyes scanning the familiar clock towers and buildings I always see when I'm about to land, and I cringe at the thought of seeing the lobby area where I last saw Raven.

               I knew I'd have to come back sooner or later, but it still sucks just as much as it did last time I saw it. Other than that, the fact that I've finally started to think about moving on isn't helping much except for the fact that I finally know I won't have anything besides memories now.