The Girl Who Saw the Blue Star

Daisy looked out of the glass pain of her window, into the black of night, when a dazzling light flew across the sky. Naturally Daisy was intrigued and wandered out of her bedroom and across the landing, making sure not to step on any of the creaky floor boards. She waddled down the long flight of stairs and to the hall, where she put on her bright red coat and spotty wellington boots. Daisy stumbled out of the house and into her back garden, where she ran to the back gate and unbolted the wooden door and pulled towards her. She walked down the small alley that led to the street and past number 37 where Mrs Partridge and her four cats lived, and past number 24 where Bonnie and Aggie the twins lived. Finally, she reached the end of the road and looked up.

"The shooting star must have landed close," she whispered to herself. "I'll check the fields first, and then the village."

Daisy was busy finding her way towards the fields in the dark when she heard a crash in the direction of Mulberry Farm.

Daisy ran as fast as her legs could carry her. She could see the thing that had flown from the sky! It looked funny, a blue police bow that was lying on its side, with the doors open and gas flooding out of it.

"How could a blue box fly in space?" She was thinking aloud, when a man with grey hair and lots of wrinkles popped his head up from the door.

"You tell me! I've been trying to figure it out for 2000 years!" The man said. Then a young woman with a pretty face and brown hair popped up next to him and said,

"Doctor! Hush! She's probably terrified! Honestly, you have no talent when it comes to children do you?" She looked at Daisy, " Sorry about him, er, funny question, what year is it?"

"2014, but how did two people fit in that tiny box?" Daisy replied, startled.

"Thanks," She looked at the man, "I told you we were in the right time zone!" She looked back at Daisy "And where are we?"

" Liverpool, but you still haven't answered question, how did you both fit in that tiny box?" she repeated herself, and tried to sound brave.

"You sound like a broken record!" The man said.

"You are from Scotland. That is a while away. How did you fly from Liverpool to Scotland in that tiny blue box."

"And how did you manage to get from Darlington street to here in such a short space of time?"

"I ran. Wait, how did you even know that I lived on Darlington street? I don't think anyone in the village is from Scotland. Mrs Barry from the post office is from Leeds."

"Oh, she's a sharp one isn't she!" The man said to the woman.

"Oh pack it in!" The woman was almost shouting as she climbed out of the box, and Daisy realised that she was dripping wet. "I do apologise for the conditions of my clothing, we fell in the swimming pool when we crashed." Daisy giggled. She was questioning the impossibility of it all. A man and a woman flew from the sky in a wooden phone box, had a quick dip in the pool and somehow ended up almost crashing into the barn.

"Do you need any dry clothes? You look about Tilly's size. Come with me." She began to walk and heard the man getting out from the box. The woman walked next to Daisy.

"Didn't anyone ever tell you not to speak to strangers?" The woman asked. Daisy turned.

"Well, I'm Daisy McGowen, and what's your name?"

"Clara Oswald," she turned to the man, stumbling towards the gate. "and he is the Doctor"

"Well now we aren't strangers!" She smiled and continued to walk along the road with Clara and the Doctor in tow. "But what you said before, in the right time zone what did that mean?"

"It's very complicated and takes a while to sink in." The Doctor said.

"Well it's a Saturday so I have a while." Clara looked at the Doctor "You need to give me some explanation, I saw you fly from the sky! The least you could do is tell me where you come from."

"We're time travellors," Clara sighed and looked back at the Doctor. "Don't give me that look, she has the right to know."

"Okay." Daisy said.

"What?" Said the doctor stopping in his tracks, while Daisy spun towards him.

"I said I'm fine with it. Because I have seen your box before. But with a different man, with floppy hair, a bow tie and a massive chin. He was with woman, and man. The man's face was odd, and what a nose! The woman had red hair, and a very short skirt. She was dressed up like a police woman. I was in Leadworth when it was happening. A massive spaceship flying over the village! It was beautiful. I wouldn't be surprised if you were an alien doctor, with style like that. But Clara, you are most certainly human, but there's something odd about you, your eyes are young but they have seen so much more than your skin suggests." Daisy stopped to take a breath. Both Clara and the doctor looked shocked, with their eyes wide open.

"It's all eyes with you isn't it?" She said to Clara.

"That's what I always say!" The Doctor said.

"sHUT UP BOTH OF YOU!" Clara looked at both of them with an angry face, Daisy continued to think that Clara's eyes were practically bulging out of her face.

"We have crash landed, it will take the TARDIS 24 hours to charge up again, I am soaking wet and freezing and we need to figure out what is wrong with our time machine before we board again!" The Doctor and Daisy looked at each other and looked back at Clara.

"Oh, God sorry! I completely forgot! Come on!" Daisy said as the three walked into the obsidian night.