Chapter 37: Overcoming the Odds

Explosions occurred all over the stage as Yusuke and DSK stared each other down with the intent to kill. Yusuke began running towards DSK who smirked evilly as he cocked his arm back. Yusuke landed a right hook which broke DSK's jaw before he was sent flying into a broken stage piece. The pieces crumbled as DSK fell on the stage while laughing, "That wasn't half bad." DSK cracked his jaw back into place, allowing him to smile correctly. Yusuke shouted, "Well I hope you're hungry, 'cause there's more where that came from!"

  Yusuke started running towards DSK who suddenly disappeared making Yusuke gasp. For a guy his size, he sure is fast! DSK appeared behind Yusuke who swiftly dodged his incoming punch. Yusuke placed his hand on DSK's arm allowing him kick him across his face. DSK smirked making Yusuke grunt as he flipped backwards, putting some space in between the two. Yusuke landed on one knee before slowly standing up while contemplating to himself. My normal punches have no effect on this freak, but that's not the problem. Unlike Toguro, his body is fragile. But he just regenerates when he wants, how the hell am I supposed to kick his ass?! DSK laughed, "What's the matter, finally realize you can't beat me?" Yusuke chuckled, "Nah, that's not the problem. Not even close, I think I'm ready to pound you right about now." DSK advised with open arms, "Please, be my guest! I'm shivering with temptation!"

  Yusuke sidestepped to the left before reappearing right in front of DSK causing them both to swing their fist. Yusuke's fist entered DSK's stomach causing him to get hit with a clean uppercut. Yusuke grunted as he flipped away, avoiding the contact fully. Yusuke slided across the stage a little before beginning to hop towards DSK who continued to smile evilly. Yusuke threw a punch that DSK dodged allowing him to throw a punch himself. Yusuke swiftly flipped off of his arm allowing his foot to stomp DSK's face in. Yusuke leaped away as DSK's punch created a shockwave underneath the stage causing a tremor to travel in a straight line. What the hell, how strong is this freak?! DSK turned around in order to backhand enough air pressure to send a bunch flying debris at Yusuke. A rock knicked Yusuke's face causing a cut to appear on his cheek. Yusuke grunted before leaping away from the rest of the debris, punching any access rocks to pieces. As soon as Yusuke landed he saw DSK running towards him with his arm cocked back. DSK punched Yusuke who blocked but he was still sent flying. DSK began walking towards the smoke created by Yusuke's landing when suddenly he saw a blue light shinning. The sound of Yusuke's Spirit Gun could be heard charging making DSK grunt. Suddenly the blue light disappeared revealing Yusuke running out of the smoke causing DSK to begin chasing after him. Hmm, I don't know what he was planning but I'm curious what his plan is now. Yusuke dashed forward, throwing several punches into DSK's stomach. Yusuke grunted each time his fist landed causing DSK to cackle, "If that's the best you can do then I guess this fight has already ended!" DSK threw a downward punch that Yusuke dodged by sidestepping to the right. The punch cracked the stage into pieces, DSK quickly grabbed one of those pieces of the stage shocking Yusuke. DSK threw the rock at Yusuke who dodged in mid air, nearly hitting his head. DSK tried to kick Yusuke who dodged before pushing his body off DSK's leg. Yusuke flipped over DSK before stomping his face in once again. DSK grunted as he attempted to punch Yusuke who barrel rolled away but not fast enough. DSK's shockwave was enough to send Yusuke flying and shatter the area he had punched. Yusuke screamed as he flew into the sky while DSK leaped into the air while demanding, "Where are you, I was just starting to have fun!"

  DSK looked around, searching each flying stage piece before eventually snatching one away. As soon as DSK removed the rock from the air, it revealed Yusuke upside down charging a Spirit Gun. When the hell did he get upside down?! Yusuke screamed, "SPIRIT GUN!" Yusuke fired a massive blue blast at point blank range, consuming DSK completely. The blast pushed DSK across the entire stage, creating a trail of destruction. DSK could be heard screaming, "NOOOO!!!" The blast carried DSK off the stage, sending him flying into the darkness. DSK collasped in the bleachers revealing his sizzling skin as he panted, "Only if, it I had, water! I could have, won!" Yusuke could be heard explaining, "Stop making excuses, you lost because you were to focused on killing me. Maybe if you thought about eliminating me you would've won. These type of tournaments aren't for you, ugly fish. Now sit back and watch me win this." DSK grunted until suddenly Tornado slapped him across his face. Tornado whined, "How dare you use me as a stepping stone?! You unforgivable fish, square chin, purple lipped clown, dumbo earred, gils, speedo wearing-!" Genos advised, "Um Tornado, I believe you should stop." Genos was immediately sent flying into the bleacher wall by Tornado who complained, "Don't get in my way you metal jack ass, I'm pissed!"

  Tornado could be heard yelling while Goku sighed, "Wow, everyone did a number on Universe 12. I almost want to thank them heh heh." Vegeta instructed, "Don't you dare get cocky now Kakarot, you're in no shape to be talking the way you are now. We must stay sharp or we'll end up just like them." Hit walked out from behind a broken stage piece while agreeing, "Vegeta is right, we can't afford to get sloppy now. There's too many universes with more fighters then us, we should be careful." Goku stood up before exclaiming, "Right!"

*Hey you loyal readers, you know how many times I've updated this darn book for you guys lol. Once we hit 6K we have to turn up 🥳🥳🥳. But all jokes aside this book is about to get to its halfway mark so let's keep up the grind baby! Who do you think is going to win this tournament? Tell me in the comments, I'd love to hear y'all thoughts. Now that I think about it, I haven't even planned a winner lol.*