Marion based Galen Stone formerly provided individual and family counseling

Undeniably, your family is the core source of love and encouragement. However, there is a great possibility that the relationship between you and other members of the family might get strained. In view of these strained relationships, family counseling comes into play. It helps you overcome mental or emotional problems that are associated with not-so-good family relationships. When you share feelings with a family counselor, it will help you make a better perception about your family members. Besides, you can also avail the required guidance about what needs to be done.

Whenever you interact with a family counselor, you need to share everything. Indeed, these counselors are the expert in family matters who will provide you with the non-judgmental and confidential support. Everyone has a different experience when it comes to counseling. Family counseling can help you forge a stronger relationship with the other family members.

If you feel that you have great differences with other family members, you need to seek the family counseling. Families need help for the health and sake of their families especially when the things reach to such a point including infidelity, substance abuse or divorce.

Apart from the family counseling, individual counseling is also required especially for those who struggle with mental health issues including depression and anxiety. Through individual counseling, people will learn to cope up with the stress, anger issues, grief and low self-esteem.

Have a look at the reasons that make individual counseling quite important -

Explore yourself with individual counseling

Individual counseling enables people to move on a journey of self-exploration. It will put various questions at the forefront of the mind of an individual.

Solution for various issues

You can seek individual counseling for various issues related to the relationships and social skills. The counselor will provide you with the insight into the needs and preferences of an individual. Indeed, these things can be easily sorted out through counseling.

Better communication skills

Individual counseling is best aimed at improving the communication skills including that of the emotional intelligence, empathy as well as active listening.

Providing individual and family counseling to the clients from 2008 to 2009, Galen Stone served at New Life Counseling, Inc. He provided counseling to the individuals with relationship concerns including stress, anger, self-esteem, grief and loneliness. He also helped the couples experiencing the conflicts or work and home balance.

Hailing from Marion, MA, Galen Stone also served as the coordinator of Boston Youth Education Fund at The Boys and Girls Clubs of Boston, Inc. Here, he counseled club members and coordinated their placement at colleges and private schools.