Galen Stone - A former lacrosse activity head at Tabor Academy Summer Program

Have you ever thought what makes lacrosse a special sport? It is all about illuminating the reasons why lacrosse is a great sport and how it can benefit you. Just have a look –

Learn to be the part of team

Playing lacrosse will allow the players to learn the importance of working towards one goals being a team. It will provide you with an opportunity to deal with the different personalities.

Grasp leadership qualities

Apart from being an effective communicator, the player can lead the way by making solid decisions on the field.

Teamwork required

Being a great lacrosse player, it is important to have a team that is equally great. The team needs to be imperative for the attack, defense, and midfield units to work in conjunction with one another at all times.

Learn to be highly disciplined

Along with the innate athletic ability, you need to consistently work on the finest details of the game that include passing, catching and cradling. Thus, you need to be highly disciplined in order to play well.

Quite challenging game

In order to play lacrosse, you need to have that strength, endurance and coordination to run up and down. You need to work at your conditioning to reach the next level.

Perform well in other sports

Being a great lacrosse player will also help you to perform well in other sports. There are various sports that value the strength, endurance and coordination of various levels to be successful.

Being a former lacrosse activity head at Tabor Academy Summer Program, Marion based Galen Stone helped to coordinate and coach campers, boys and girls aged 18-45 years. Besides, he being the head he ensured the physical and emotional well being of the players. By inculcating the skills of how to play lacrosse, he helped them to develop teamwork awareness and ability, along with teaching and modeling good sportsmanship and genuine concern for each other.

Apart from being a pro at lacrosse, Galen Stone served as a part time caregiver for elderly gentlemen in Marion. He performed the task of dispensing medication, cooking, cleaning and playing games with the patients quite well.