Chapter 19: Start

Chaeng's POV

It's the ladies' fourth day and my third day here today, but it will be our last day in this dirty, nasty, stinky, and all the words synonyms to it because I cannot take it any longer. With or without my squad, I'm busting them out. I know that means putting each of our feet in the grave, but the delicate flowers will wither either way. I've said this because not so long ago, the two girls received another beating. The freaking monster ordered me to watch the inhumane act. I'm aware that he's testing my loyalty, but the feeling of holding myself back was terrible. Gaaad! I never felt so useless in my entire career life.

“Chaeng, ninth window still from the right side... It’s a tiny bathroom that has a broken bathtub. Tap your earpiece so I can know how many rooms are there from here to your location.” I heard Lisa's voice as clear as my skin even though she was whispering that's how high-tech this tiny earpiece was.

Peeking my head outside, I started counting mentally along with tapping. I pretended that I'm just scratching my ear since I have a feeling sexy chaperone with me.

“I need direction from here. One tap to the left and two taps for right.”

*tap tap*

I can't talk because Kai's here, breathing the same air as me. He was always around and gawking at me like a hawk. According to him, he has some trust issues with me. I don't know. It's not like I wrecked his heart before, but now that my sister's here, I really do want to hurt him. *smirk*

What are you looking for? He asked, raising one of his eyebrows.

“Just checking if the food is arriving. I’m starving. I lied then sat back down beside him. I noticed him flinched when our skin came in contact. ‘Yeah, be paranoid.’ Thinking of something incredible, I smiled at him. Kai, can you please pass me that bottle of water beside you?” I requested while pointing using my lips.

“K.” As soon as he turned his attention to it, I whacked the back of his head as hard as I can with my shoe, making him unconscious.

Sweetdreams~” I sent him a flying kiss and searched for the keys. I was about to loosen the ladies' handcuffs, but I heard footsteps outside. It was loud enough for me to hear because it's so quiet in here and for an unknown reason, any sounds from the hallway feedbacks to this very room.

Quickly handing the keys to Jisoo, I quietly dash towards the door. And when I opened it, I saw Lisa's back and more footsteps were approaching from the corner of the hallway. Springing into action, I decided to kidnap her. I pulled her inside the room and gently closed the door using my foot.

I regretted releasing Lisa without saying a word because she pinned me to the wall and pointed her gun on my head.

It’s me, its me. Geez. Relax.” I was legitly scared for my life.

Shit~ You scared the hell out of me.” She scoffed. If this was a different scenario, I would be laughing my ass. I'm telling you, terrified Lisa was something else— A funny thing to be exact. Well, yeah, I was scared for a moment there, but that wasn't funny at all! Who would be laughing if a gun was pointed at the head? If someone would then I suggest that the visit to the nearest psychologist/psychiatrist in town should be the number one priority. “And by the way, you said sixth door.”

“Oh? Is it not?.. Oops, my bad.”
I hurriedly moved towards the girls, leaving my missed calculation behind. “Can you stand up?” The princess shook her head, 'no'. “Jennie~ Jennie~” I tried waking her up. However, her eyes refused to do so. I think we need to carry them,”

No. It’s not safe if we will carry them while the enemies are shooting at us, they might get hit, Lisa replied so I didn't argue since I thought about that too.

Wait, did you bring me a gun? I asked. Her moment of silence answered my question. How dare you, you didnt even bother bringing me one. I punched her on the shoulder. I'm dumbfounded that this monkey forgot to get my favorite gun. “If I die here, I swear I will visit you every night.” Bumping her shoulder, I walked towards the unconscious handsome man with trust issues. I searched his body for any firearm and luckily, I found a Seecamp LWS 380 tucked on his waistband. “Isn’t this the smallest handgun? It’s so cute.”

================================
Jennie's POV

Arghhh... My head was throbbing and my whole body was aching so when I woke up, I kept my eyes closed. Earlier, I protected Princess Jisoo from the beating so I got hit so badly and my fever made me weaker.

I've been asleep the whole time after the beating cause I'm exhausted and angry.

Jennie, I heard an angelic voice calling my name. Wait, am I dead? Hey, wake up.” Feeling the exaggerated tapping on my shoulder, I slowly opened my eyes. It's kinda dark and my eyes were still adjusting to the little light available in this room, so I got startled when I saw a face almost touching my nose. And my instinct was to push it away, making the person slumped on the floor. Aww~ my butt. She whimpered. I have to admit, this girl has a cute voice. She stood up and suddenly spoke, Everyone, get ready.

I jolted from my seat like an alert soldier because I thought she was talking to us, to me. However, my action caused me to lose balance due to my wobbly limbs. Thankfully, princess Jisoo was able to steady me. “Thank you.”

Princess, stay behind my back. You, Jennie, with Limario. We will keep you safe. The girl they call Mina said. I carelessly gripped the hem of Limario's shirt then our journey to the door began. The two were moving side by side in front of me and the princess, acting like our human shield.

“In the count of three– one, two, three.” Limario opened the door. Fire!” She commanded. Gunshots started to destroy the quiet surrounding.