Saying Goodbye

- Jazmine

"Are you okay?" I asked him as I washed his chest. Today was the day of Chandra's Funeral. He's been quiet all morning.

"Yeah." He said as he washed my chest. The rest of our shower was quiet. We just quietly washed each other and rinsed off. He turned the water off and he got out the shower first. He held the towel open and wrapped it around be as I stepped out. I grabbed my toothbrush, rinsed it, and brushed my teeth. I rinsed my mouth and washed my face. I went into the room with the towel still wrapped around me.
I got my dress out of the closet. The colors were black and purple. I was wearing a black long sleeve button up shirt, with black slacks and black heels with a purple bow tie.

August was wearing black slacks with a purple long sleeve button up shirt and some costume purple dress shoes. And the girls were wearing purple dresses with flats.

I did my hair and makeup then put my clothes on. I grabbed my phone and heels going to the girls room.

"Y'all look so cute!" I said and they smiled.

"Chaylin you want me to do your hair or you got it?" I said sitting on their bed putting my heels on.

"I got it." She said and I nodded getting up walking out. I went into the room and saw August putting his shoes on.

"Do you want breakfast babe?" I asked and he shook his head no. I nodded about to walk out but he called my name.

"Baybeh come here." He said lowly. I turned around and walked over to him. He grabbed my hands and kissed them.

"My bad I been kind of distant this morning. I just got a lot on my mind. Today is a big day." He Mumbled looking at me.

"It's okay hun. I understand." I said looking down at him. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my stomach.

"You look beautiful." He said and I smiled.

"And you look very handsome." I said leaning  down putting my forehead against his. He pecked my lips and pulled me onto his lap. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his arms around my waist sliding his hands down to my butt. He kissed me and kissed down my neck. I moaned lowly loving the kisses he was placing on me. There was a knock at the door and he buried his head in my neck bringing his hands back up to my waist.

"Come In!" I said and Kayden walked in.

"We ready." She said and I nodded and Chaylin and Maiya walked in.

"Eww y'all too old." She said and I playfully mugged her.

"Girl forget you. I'm only 28." I said getting up. August grabbed my waist pulling me back on his lap from behind.

"Baby we gotta go." I whined and he turned my head and kissed my lips.

"I love you." He said against my lips.

"I love you too.  Now let's go." I said pecking his lips. I got up and he got up. I was about to grab my purse but he stopped me.

"You won't need that." He said and I nodded grabbing my phone. I let the girl go down stairs then we follow. I opened the door and we went to the car. August locked the house then unlocked the car. I made sure all the girls were in then I closed their door. I got in and then August got in and cranked up the car, pulling out of the garage.

"Y'all look beautiful." August said to the girls. They smiled.

"Thank you." They said.

"You look cute Auntie Jaz." Chaylin said.

"Yeah I like ya hair." Kayden said

"Thank you babies, y'all look gorgeous as well." I said.

"Maiya babygirl you okay?" August asked and she nodded as she laid her head against the window looking out the window. We made it to the church just as they were taking the casket inside.

We got out and went inside.

"Can we take pictures?" Kayden said and August nodded. They all held hands with August and I took a couple of pictures.

"Take me and my baybeh a picture chay." August said and she grabbed his phone.

"How do you wanna pose?" I asked him and he wrapped his arms around me from behind and kissed my cheek. I smiled and she took the picture.

"I can post it?" He asked and I nodded. He grabbed his phone and grabbed Maiya's hand. We walked in the sanctuary and the kids took a seat on the front row. I didn't wanna be in anyone's way so I sat on the 5th row.

"Nu uh get up here." August said.

"Are you sure? I don't wanna be in anyone's way babe." I said.

"Yeah I'm sure, come on." He said and I got up and sat on the second row with him. The ushers passed out obituary's as we waited for the service to begin. More people finally starting showing up close to the starting time..

- August

"I just wanna say Nola lost a real one. She was everybody's favorite person. She was a great mother. She was my biggest supporter. She was the one pushed me to do this music stuff. She was an amazing friend to my girl. Just an amazing spirit. She will forever live on in these three jewels. Long live Cha." August said and everybody clapped. The service ended and we said our goodbyes. August was ready to go. He didn't want to go to the burial or Ms. Sheila's house. Kayden and Maiya went with Ms. Sheila and Chaylin came with us.

"What y'all tryna eat?" August asked and I looked back at Chaylin who was so tuned into her phone.

"Chaylin baby what do you want to eat?" I said and she looked up.

"Ion know. Some Popeyes." She said then looked back at her phone.

"What's wrong?" I asked. She was typing very aggressively.

"These folks tryna come fa you. And I'm not bouta let that happen." She said making her thick Nola accent come out. I sighed.

"I appreciate you sticking up for me but you don't have too. I could care less about what people have to say about me. You think I care, they don't even know me." I said and she smacked her lips.

"That's the point, they don't know you. If they did they wouldn't even be saying all this stuff. Who raised them?" She said and I laughed.

"I don't know Chaylin. But Calm down. I'm alright." I said and she sighed.

"The comments can't be that bad." I mumbled grabbing my phone. My instagram was lit up with notifications and dms.

"Dang." I mumbled scrolling down my notifications. It wasn't too bad just comments stating the obvious like "She fat" and "Ian know August did fat girls." Most of the other comments were pretty decent.

"These comments aren't bad." I said and she looked at me.

"I'm talking about the shade room comments." She said and I went to the shade room. I looked at the comments and read them. August snatched my phone and put it in his pants.

"Stop reading them comments man. Forget them. I love you and that's all that matters." He said pulling thru the Popeyes drive thru. He leaned over and kissed me.

"I love you too." I said.

🖤