13 • Unspoken Rules

Lisa wasn't sure how she and Jungkook managed to keep themselves sane in the past few days, but they did just that

Lisa wasn't sure how she and Jungkook managed to keep themselves sane in the past few days, but they did just that. Somehow, the past seventy-two hours came by so fast.

They had spent almost every waking hour, even the non-waking ones, together since they made the video for their members. And for some reason, Lisa felt content with Jungkook's mere presence.

Just two days before, the two of them went back to the cascading waterfall. There, the boy did a short video shoot with Lisa as his muse. It was the first time, he mentioned in passing, that he shot videos of a person outside of his idol group. And the thought made her feel a bit special, but she wasn't going to tell him that.

Both of them also made it some kind of a routine to eat together all the time, with Jungkook doing most of the cooking and Lisa doing most of the cleaning. They had started working as a team.

When asked where he learned to cook, the boy murmured something about Run BTS episodes, where he and his members were taught to cook for competitions and what not.

Speaking of BTS, Jungkook went on to talk about his members a lot; what they were like in real life and how they raised him all these years.

With the way his dark orbs lit up when he mentioned them, it was crystal clear just how much he respected and adored his members. It was an endearing trait.

For three days straight, all they did was talk about anything and everything under the sun.

Jungkook was the curious type, Lisa concluded, because his questions about her personal life seemed endless. He wanted to know about her favorite color, worst movie she had ever watched, and best memory she had of her trainee days.

The more they shared their life stories with each other, the more she saw Jeon Jungkook in a different light, too.

Before they were brought to the island, her only perception of him was this gorgeous-looking idol who can do no wrong.

He was the same gorgeous-looking idol, of course, but now, he seemed more human, more of a boy than a man really. He became someone she can proudly call a friend.

On their eighth night on the island, Jungkook and Lisa found themselves hanging out in the laundry room. The girl munched on some corn chips while Jungkook tried to get the washing machine working. It was laundry day.

"Let's go swimming tomorrow," said the boy while he poured tons of Downy fabric softener into the water. He was obsessed with the brand, apparently. "I'd like to take videos of you by the shore, if that's alright with you."

"Okay," Lisa readily agreed. Based on the clips he had taken during their waterfall shoot, the boy was amazing in his craft. Who was she to say no to another shoot with the guy behind the Golden Closet Film?

And because she wanted to mess with him, she added, "should I wear a bikini director-nim?"

The boy noticeably stiffened upon hearing her question, "just a dress is fine, but if you want to. Then, I guess that's fine, too," he muttered under his breath.

Lisa snickered quietly to herself as she watched a flustered Jeon Jungkook fumble with the machine's buttons.

In South Korea's billion-dollar music industry, there were many unspoken rules idols like she and Jungkook needed to adhere to.

For one, they can't date during their rookie days, a rule Kim Jennie and many others before her broke in the name of love.

Two, it was no secret among idols that they needed to undergo extensive restricted dieting before every comeback to fit the Korean beauty standards. No matter how big and respected they get in the industry, idols would still receive so much hate if they looked less than perfect even for just a second.

Three, idols needed to live up to their polished personas on and off the stage. That meant they cannot wear something as tasteless as a flimsy bikini in public.

She remembered Jennie mentioning before how she wanted to wear a bikini and go horseback riding in a beach. But, to do so would be scandalous, even if the activity wasn't something out of the ordinary in foreign countries.

She could just read the news headlines now, if ever her imagination turned into a reality.

BREAKING: BTS Jungkook films BLACKPINK Lisa wearing a vulgar two-piece bikini in a scandalous beach video

She laughed inwardly at her absurd thoughts. His fans will burn her at stake.

Like the little devil that she was, she had decided to mess with him some more, "bikini it is, then."

Jungkook turned to look her in the eyes, "I know you're joking, Lisa."

"Am I?" She bursted out in a fit of laughter when the male idol heaved an exasperated sigh beside her.

Right then and there, a brilliant thought crossed her mind, "can I take videos of you tomorrow as well? I'm not as good as you when it comes to directing and editing, so you can be my mentor or something like that."

"You flatter me too much, but yeah sure," she can easily detect the playfulness in his tone now, "if you're going to wear a swimsuit though, then it's only fair that I wear swimming trunks tomorrow."

She chuckled at his playful banter. "Go ahead and do whatever you want, Jungkook."

Out of nowhere, she remembered the visual assault Jeon Jungkook and his white sleeveless top brought upon her in the gym. Could she possibly survive if he abandoned the shirt entirely?

As far as Lisa was concerned, a half-naked Jeon Jungkook will never be a good idea.

The boy just heartily laughed in response and went to sit beside her on the wooden floor, the two of them watched the washing machine turn in comfortable silence.

"I don't think our footages will see the light of day," Jungkook suddenly uttered in all seriousness, "we'll never be able to post them online. I'm not even sure if Siri will let us keep the cameras when we return to Korea. But, I still want to take pictures and videos of this beautiful island... and you."

Lisa smiled; she felt the same way, "me, too."

End of Chapter 13