Quick Information On How We All Met

This book is about my best friends, Janie, Elizabeth, Melanie and myself (Louise) and shit we got up to mainly during high school.

Unsurprisingly we all didn't meet at the same time. In fact the rest of the girls and I didn't officially meet Melanie until the last 2 years of highs school, but we'll get into that later. 

The first of our group to meet were Janie and Elizabeth all the way back in grade 3 (or year 3 if you're British like me). It was your typical 8 year old romance. Janie put glue on her hands and offered to put glue on Elizabeth's hands and they've been wives ever since (I'm not kidding this is how they actually became friends).

How I met them is a little more complicated. At nine years old, I had just moved to the country from England. It was my first day of school and made friends pretty quickly if I'm being honest. Well with everybody except Janie. I knew she didn't like me but I didn't know why nor did I find out until 2 years later. Due to family circumstances I had to move back to England after a couple of months. The move was so sudden that I didn't even get to say goodbye to the friends I had made. But after 2 years I moved back (its a lot of moving I know but bare with me) and I got moved back a class to catch up because we didn't learn the same things in England. The first day I walked into that class, my eyes locked with Janie's. She had been kept back because she was too young to start the next grade. She introduced me to Elizabeth and the rest is history. A couple weeks later I found out the reason why Janie didn't like me before was because I was friends with her friends and she was jealous. We still laugh about this 10 years later. 

Fast forward two years later, now i'm not going to lie, like most friendships things do fall apart, and ours was no different. Elizabeth and I had stayed close but it wasn't the same situation for Janie and I. We still talked but we weren't as close as we has been. During those two years we weren't close, I missed her all the time. She was the girl who I could unload all my feelings on, the girl who always knew what to say and how to act and was there for me when I felt the worst in my life. Nowadays our friendship isn't the same, its better. She's still all these things to me (literally, last week I called her having a crisis about school) but she's even more now and if you ever read this Janie I LOVE YOU.

We all met Melanie on the first day of grade 10. We had know her sister previously and she had mentioned Melanie a few times. What she failed to mention at Melanie was how fucking crazy she was. Not crazy as in she needed a mental institution (although I would argue that we all need to be put in one) but she was the type of crazy you want around you all the time. She was that no bullshit type of girl. Even at a height of 4 feet 11 inches she will fight you(trust me I've seen her fight someone who was 6 feet). Due to obvious reasons, we fell in love with her.

This is how we all became friends and if I had to relive every sad moment in my life to have met them, I would do it without a breath.