Chapter 1

His head ached. His body ached. All he wanted was a shower then his bed. Every step brought him down, he felt like gravity was pulling at him with every step. His muscles shook with every step. The coach had made him run five laps for every minute he had been late to practice. So he ran and ran and ran and ran and ran. He walked into his house where he saw his girlfriend standing. She was a beautiful creature. Her brown hair was much softer and richer than his. She had golden eyes, but over the last few months, her eyes had lost some sparkle. She looked like a shell of a woman. Kuramochi looked at her feet and saw a large blue suitcase lying there. His heart contracted at the sight and began to beat fast in his chest.

"I can't. I just can't. I have so much to live for. I have potential," she spoke softly. Kuramochi looked at her face. Her eyes weren't wet with tears. She wasn't sorry. She felt no remorse as to what she was going to do. Do to them. She wasn't regretting her decision in the slightest.

With that, he watched with a dazed expression his girlfriend taking her suitcase and she left.

With a scared thought, he ran into the spare room to see his 3-year-old child sleeping. He was sleeping so peacefully. He walked over to his son and touched his little fat cheek. It didn't dawn on him that his girlfriend had just left the two of them. He looked at his baby and smiled. He reached down and kissed his cheek softly. He had been worried that she had left with him but he was still there. Sleeping peacefully, unaware this his mummy had just left.

He slouched to the floor, his legs unable to hold his weight any longer. He sat there for a moment, he felt dazed, he couldn't process the fact that his girlfriend was leaving him. His body slumped to the bean bag and passed out from exhaustion.

Knock Knock Knock

Kuramochi eye's flickered open. Before him was a small little bed, blue wallpaper, with little rockets on it. He sat up and realised that he had slept on his son's floor. It wasn't the first time he had fallen asleep there. He turned his head to see his son lying in his small bed staring at his dad, like they were having a sleepover or something, and the host was waiting for their guest to wake up.

"Someone at door," he pointed at his door. Kuramochi heard the thud of the door getting louder and louder with the person behind the door yelling. Kuramochi got to his feet, groggily and made his way to the door. He let out a small yawn. He must have passed out again. What was his bed like? His bones were stiff as he walked. He opened the door to see one of his baseballs teammates. He was a year older than him. His name was Tanba. He was bald. He was kind but he looked very grumpy most days. Today he did not look happy in the slightest.

"Coach is unhappy with you, new start," he started walking into the house, budging past him, into the tip that Kuramochi called a home. He walked into messy living room which was the door at the end of the hall. Around the living room was carry out, bottles, clothes. It was hard to find their way around the room. Their was just trash everywhere. He always met to clean it up but his son was three years old and had a different agenda to how the living room looked. Normally his agenda won. Tanba couldn't make sense of what was up and what was down. He was scared to walk another step into the living room. There was a path, it had wrapped over it, but it was there.

He couldn't find the couch and just stared at the mess of a living room, hating to see the other rooms. Which was a true stance. He turned to see the new member of the Tokyo team, stifling a yawn. He was still in yesterday's workout clothes. "This is a disgrace. What would happen if the coach found out!?" Tamba asked raising his voice. Kuramochi looked down at the ground. He tried. He tried hard to make a living for the two of them. It wasn't easy having a three-year-old running around. Especially one so hyper all the time.