Planet Gaia

by: KDCampbell

"The forests of planet Gaia are vast, unexplored, and ominous -- filled with horrifying alien creatures that threaten life as they know it for the colony's human population.

When Sileena Roth was just a child, her grandmother gifted her with a simple red cloak. She thought little of it at the time, but several years later, Sileena learns the true worth of her grandmother's gift. Red. Its the only color capable of fending off a hund, one of Gaia's native creatures. Sileena finds herself face-to-face with one after she enters Gaia's forest on her own; all in an effort to get to her reclusive grandmother's home. Only, her grandmother is missing, and a hund is in her place. Fatefully, the only person who can save her isn't even human; he is a Wolfeemun, and the last person she expected to ever come to her aid. For the wolf and the girl in the little red cloak aren't supposed to get along."

Status: Completed

****

Okay, technically, this isn't a werewolf novel and is a sci-fi. But the elements are very similar and there are wolf-like creatures with mates so I'm gonna count it. This was a very interesting read due to the sci-fi elements mentioned and it was one of those I have come back and re-read many times.