Chapter 1: Intro

How did I let this all happen? How was I so stupid to let him treat me the way he did? Why did you let him in so easily? So many thoughts ran through my mind, how could I let this happen? It kept repeating through my head How could I let this happen?
____

Meeting new people had always been my favorite thing but having to move states and move schools , that was something completely different. It was August, the tree's leafs were turning yellow and brown, the days were chilly and windy, Sweater weather. My favorite. I moved slowly to the door and took a big sigh. "Here goes nothing" I said. "You'll do fine hun don't worry" " thanks mom." I was walking so slow I felt my legs freezing and sticking to the ground. Could I just stay here? Go to the park and pretend like I went to school? Would she ever know? I tried my best to walk faster but I didn't have the energy and confidence. I saw the gate and started to breath heavily. Why was I so scared? It wasn't like this was my first time moving? I walked through the gates and saw everyone. There were people of all sorts. Many had long and short hair , brown and blonde hair, some even had colored hair, there were people who looked older than others and people of all races.

I walked to my class room AI3 English, I looked around for a few seconds. Early. I sat down and waited patiently. Slowly one by one,  boys and girls came walking through the door. They all glanced at me great totally what I needed. "Welcome everyone! I'm so glad to be your teacher this year I'm Mrs. Smith your English teacher since we're starting off the new year I would like all of us to introduce ourselves" Amazing! Just what I need. "Okay let's start with you" ME? oh god , can I get anymore lucky? "Um hello? My name is Clara and I just moved here from Texas" "Thank you Clara!" Said Mrs. Smith. We continued introducing ourselves and after we started to talk about what English meant to us. I kept dozing off. I checked the time , 9:00.

I headed to my next class LI6 Math. Great Math! totally love math. I rushed inside and hurried to take a seat. I was hoping we didn't have to introduce ourselves again. I tried so hard to stay focus in class but it's was math and I just don't like math. I kept checking the clock until it hit 11:00. Lunch..Where would I go? Did I have to eat in the bathroom or Locker Rooms like in the movies? "Hey , Clara right?" I turned around and saw a tall girl about 5'7, she was wearing leggings and an off the shoulder shirt with some vans. Her hair was long really long. "Yeah?" I responded with fear. " Do you want to join us for lunch? It's okay if you don't" she responded while looking down at her phone. I agreed and walked with her to the cafeteria. We sat down and a couple of minutes later some other girls came and sat with us. "Okay everyone this is Clara she's in my math class and she's new so make her feel at home." I looked up and smiled at everyone  and then everyone introduced themselves. "Has anyone seen Jack" Who was Jack? Was I supposed to know him? Was he someone well known? I was very curious in knowing him though.