Chapter 6

Chapter 6

We had spent a few minutes downstairs together, eating the steaks with grilled potatoes my servants had prepared before I excused myself and went back upstairs in order to get ready for the evening. I needed to  shower, change out of my military attire into something more casual and change my appearance from god to a random stranger on the streets. No one wanted to stick around a god for long and the club would clear within minutes of our arrival even if we were there to just enjoy ourselves.

I went to look for my laptop and dug it out under my bed. I still had to get ready but I wanted to ask Thaney if he wanted to come with us first. He was most likely going to say no but I wanted him to feel included. I typed out a quick message, telling him what we were going to do, who was going to come and when everything was going to take place before I hit sent and jumped into the shower.

"Hypnos?" Iolas hollered from downstairs.

"Shower!" I yelled back.

I figured he was either bored or set the house on fire, either way, I was safe in the shower for now and didn't need to deal with him. I could hear him walk up the stairs as I dumped shampoo over my head and didn't pay anymore attention to him while scrubbing my vessel until I could hear his footsteps come up to the door. He didn't knock and just barged in, staring right at my naked backside with a smug grin.

"What is it?" I wanted to know in case he had actually set something on fire.

He didn't reply and I heard his clothes drop to the floor one by one. Okay. He was in that mood apparently. I tried ignore to him and went back to finishing the scrubbing job but he didn't give up and stepped into the shower behind me, pressing his lips against my neck. 

"We don't have time." I reminded him.

"We have about 7 minutes." He purred, wrapping his arms around me. "I can make it work."

I bit into my bottom lip as I felt his hand brush over my stomach and sneak down between my legs, giving me a gentle stroke. He removed his hands and took the soap out of my hands, washing my back while nibbling on the wet skin of my neck. This was weird and too much of an intimate gesture, I wasn't used to behavior like this from him. He liked to pretend he didn't care and only was in it for sex.

By no means was I a psychologist or able to decipher what was going on in his head but I figured the situation with his parents had left him scared to get attached to another person in fear of losing them again. Since he couldn't stop himself from developing feelings for someone, he was being nasty from the very beginning, hoping they didn't stick around long enough for that to happen. He was probably going to explode in my face once he realized he was developing feelings for me.

I liked this vulnerable side of him and it made me want to dig under the façade he was putting up to see what he actually was like. He could do so much better in life if he didn't try to attack everything that looked somewhat threatening to his world order and just accepted other people's help. I didn't want to harm him and by no means did I have any ill intentions but he still treated me like I was out to ruin his life.

"Make it work then." I murmured, turning around to face him.

He grabbed me by the back of my neck and pulled my face down to press his lips against mine, biting into my lower lip like he did with the gummies downstairs. I sighed against his lips and let my hands travel down his body until I reached his butt, kneading his cheeks in my hands. He had the perfect body, muscles and curves in just the right places, allowing you to grab onto him.

He wrapped his legs around my waist, smirking down at me while he grabbed the shower faucet for support and looked at me invitingly as if he just waited for me to hurry up and get it going. I groaned under my breath as I gripped his hips in a tight grasp and sank myself into him, holding still so he had time to adjust as he kept involving me in a series of heated, passionate kisses.