Chapter 12

A/N I don't own this song. It belongs to Kina Grannis.

Lucas' POV

I don't believe it. Why didn't she tell me? I can feel the grin. spreading across my face. She steps off the stage and walks towards me for the first dance, which is just for the founders and their partners.

"Why didn't you tell me?"I whisper in her ear.

"And ruin the surprise?"

 We start waltzing and I make sure that my hand are positioned correctly. I don't want her to get the idea that I'm a pervert, cause I'm not. The dance lasts about six minutes and once it ends, we go dance with our friends, only this time, It's not waltzing, it's mostly jumping and Ari is struggling in her dress. 

We all sit down to eat and the girls talk among themselves and an occasional giggle. The night goes on and Liysa goes to the band and tells them something. A soft song starts playing and Ari glares at them," Oh what have you done, now?" (play video)She takes my hand and pulls me to the dance floor. She puts her hand on my shoulder and holds the other one and steps closer, like, inches apart closer. At first, she helps me count out steps, but then, she puts her head on my shoulder and starts singing with the music.

"Hush now, let's go quiet to the park, 

where it first started,

 cold night, us lying in the dark, 

I felt my heart was trying to find a place for you to stay, 

a place where I feel safe.

Anything we have known,

Anything we've forgotten, in the rain, in the dark we lay,

in your arms in your arms I'll stay." The rest of the song she hummed. I could barely believe it. I was dancing with my best friend and she was smiling with her head on my shoulder. Once the song ended, we went outside to the garden they had set up and we talked by the statue of Ravenclaw, which was kinda scary because it looked like she was glaring at me disapprovingly. As if she was saying, "I do not approve of your relationship with my Many Greats Granddaughter. Leave her alone." I heard snickering coming from a bush, and saw a pair of eyes in a nearby hedge. I snuck a bat boogey hex at it and smirked when I heard the satisfying sound of Robert cursing. We continue to talk when suddenly, she got up.

"It's almost time to close out the night, I'd better go." 

                                                                                             ***

Everyone gathered in the Great Hall. The "founders" walked out onto the stage. 

"Thank you for celebrating a Millennia of magical education and they sent spells into the air, falling into the shapes of the house symbols. The room is filled with light and then it dims. Everyone left and I waited for Ari. When she showed up, she tells me to go to bed and that she'll catch up with me later. So I left. 

The next morning, Ari isn't at breakfast. 

"Did she stay in your dorm, Lucas?" Liysa looked at me, suspiciously. 

"N-no!" I stuttered out. My face heats up. 

"He's not lying," Chase adds," Was she not in you guy's dorm last night?" 

"Obviously not, or why would I be asking?"

 Professor McGonnagal stands when everyone is in the room. 

"It has come to my attention that a certain four students did not make it back to their dormitories last night. The ministry has been informed and will be launching an investigation to find them." 

So that was that Ari, Madon, and the other two students from last night are missing.