Chapter 5 [final chapter]

It was the last day of school and the only thing I could think about was Carter. Like that was new, right? Ever since our kiss, he was in my thoughts constantly. It was really super cool to finally be able to call him my boyfriend. But despite all of the happiness, I couldn't help but think about the end of school. What if Carter thought it was too much work to keep up a relationship during the summertime? Oh gosh, I think way too much.

"Hello beautiful," Carter whispered in my ear as he wrapped his arms around me from behind. "I know you could go off and find someone way better than me during summer vacation, I hope you don't forget about me. I don't want to break up anytime soon. Truthfully, I hope we stay together forever."

Consider my question answered.

---

I still remember when I saw Carter Mattingly for the first time. I was standing by the bus stop before school when I saw him; he was tall, roughly 5'10, with dusty blonde hair and a thousand watt smile. I look back on this day fondly.

You may be wondering why I decided to tell this story in the first place. Well, it's quite simple, really. Today is my twenty-sixth birthday, marking the ten year anniversary of the day Carter and I became a couple.

So much has happened since that day; Carter's mom fell in love and got remarried to a man who Carter loves dearly. Carter and I both ended up going to the University of Southern California where he is studying medicine in the hopes of being able to find a cure for cancer to save people like his grandma. I got a Master of Arts in Teaching and I now work at an elementary school teaching third grade students.

As corny as it sounds, my life really did turn out just the way I wanted it to.

My name is Rylee Catherine Peters Mattingly, I am 26 years old and happily married to the man I've been in love with since I was 15.

---

Author's note: I know this was a short story, but I hope you liked it anyway. :)