6'8

chapter 1: 6'8 

“Watch it freak.”

My books fell on the ground being kicked around with the feet of the students in the hall. The jock pushed the books out of my hands, laughed and joined the group of other jocks who also joined in with the laughter.

“Ass hole.” I muttered under my breath.

Moving down the hall I noticed a new guy….tall, handsome, but really pale, just like me….

I’m Kiara, Kiara Hayes. With my unnaturally pale skin, dark black hair, and cut emerald eyes has earned me the title of ‘freak’ at Swans high. If that wasn’t enough I was two years younger than most of the other spoiled brats being 16 and a senior.

 As I was walking along the wall I bumped into someone, as I looked up I noticed every girl within the hall was staring at me. Or not.  I lifted my eyes into the most unusual purple eyes. My first thought was hey at least I’m not the freak now. Then as if the universe hated me I noticed the rest of his body and why instead of me, they were looking at the boy.

Tall, at least 6’8, with skin as pale as mine and eyes that hypnotized me. He wore a shirt that fitted to where I could see that he had abs, dark skinny jeans and combat boots. His high cheek bones grinned down at me, with I would guess teeth a dentist would be jealous of.

Not trusting myself I looked back down at me feet and started to walk around him.

“ ‘scuse me.” I muttered.

“Well where do you think you’re going princess?” he asked, I stood there mesmerized by his voice. Giving myself a mental slap.

“Well most people would think that was obvious…” I shoot back.

He chuckled, “Gosh I’m going to have fun with you.” Muttering so low I was probably they only one who heard him.

“Whatever.” I muttered and shoved past him.

"Ass-hole" I muttered so low I don't think anyone could here me.

Walking down the hallway I looked back to find him watching me walk. I finally broke the stare when I walked in my astronomy class. Nodding my head towards Mr. Anderson –my favorite teacher, best in class, I was his favorite student – I went to find my seat.  My seat was in the back of the classroom, nobody sat near me. It was a small class so that was possible.

All the sudden I felt a warm presence next to me. Thinking it was just going to be a stupid jock come to pick on me I ignored him. The bickering never came, nothing but the breath of whoever was sitting next to me could be heard. 

" You know most people greet the new boy with a little respect and dont usually refer to him as an a'hole" The deep voice that makes my knees weak speaks. 

------------------------------------**********************-------------------------------*********************--------------

This story  is dedicated to my best friend hope...she helped me create this story and i miss her soooo much..... love you chica.