01. 𝙗𝙧𝙤𝙠𝙚𝙣 𝙨𝙚𝙖 𝙜𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙨

the waves crashing into the broken rocks enclosing the glittering beach where luke had sat rang through his ears like broken poetry

the waves crashing into the broken rocks enclosing the glittering beach where luke had sat rang through his ears like broken poetry. he was barefoot, and the rim of the black jeans were soaked through along with the sleeves of his grey hoodie, as he reached down and dunked his hand into the pristine and tranquil depths of turquoise.

he was shivering, as the small whisps of nights wind slipped their way to his thin body under the thin clothing that hung of his skeleton like body.

his hoodie wasn't providing much warmth, shivers of goosebumps breaking into the skin of his neck, as the sky was growing cold and the crimson velvet was fading into black. time was running out before the town went to sleep

the night was too dark to be all alone.

the blonde pushed himself forward, stumbling and letting out sharp breaths as he clambered off the beach towards the safety of his neighbourhood. his heart was hammering, and the sand harshly cutting into his bare feet as walked along the blurred lines of houses covering the blocks and made the walk back, stepping on the cracks of the chipped old sidewalk.

the neighboorhood was eerily quiet, the soft whispers of him humming along to they own this town by flora cash as played from the headphones hanging in the crook of his ears was the only sound that reached his ears. the ocean has now rose to the sky, and reflected into his blank eyes in dark hues of blue and black woven and knitted togather with multitudinous stars of white, like the beads of his mom's gown on her wedding day.

luke willed his mind to be blurred in the sea of colors, only gravitating back when he stood infront of the familiar birch home of the irwin's, his eyes trained on the rows and rows of flowers that trailed the pathway to their home.

the blonde wasn't one to steal, his mum had taught him better than this but he was desperate.

very desperate and very broke.

luke breathed slowly through his pursed lips, willing his feet to walk towards the small path leading up to the home. looking up, he he noticed the lights were dimmed and there was no source life to be seen inside, so he took his chances. taking out the small silver pocket knife from his jeans, he held it tightly in his fist causing his knuckles to turn white as blood ceased to flow. his body was quivering, and he didn't know if it was fear or adrenaline or the cold. he would like to believe it was the chilly, because since they took away his angel, he had not let himself feel, floating between the numbness in his heart and the voices in his mind and that's not about to change now.

bunching together the small flowers in his shaking hands, luke steadied out a breath before bringing the knife up and chopping off the dainty petal webbed weeds. his breathing slowly evened out, and he found himself slowly chuckling at how unbelievably stupid this whole situation was. déjà vu when he actually bought his boy flowers and took him on dates, and now he was left cold, staring at the dead artifacts in his hands that he wanted to gift to his boy.

the flowers.

soft, gentle, bright, colourful

and happy, and cold, and dead.

just like his boy.