Chapter 25

Draco and I had finished our dinner that I was eating and I noticed that pudding appeared and I grinned, "oh I do love chocolate cake" I said to him and Draco looked to me and shook his head, "I cannot believe that you and Remus are this excited over chocolate" he said to me and I laughed as I looked to him, "do remember that chocolate is the one thing that controls the wolf" I whispered to him and he looked to me, "really" he asked and I nodded, "yeah it helps, I mean the chocolate makes them sleepy so we can have our own experiences" I explained to him.

Draco looked to me and smirked as I noticed that Daphne was looking at me with a weird look on her face, "do I ask" she said and I smiled, "not at the moment, there are a few people in this place that I don't trust and being in the great hall means that anyone could listen to us" I explained and she nodded, "I am aware of that" she said and smirked as she went back to speaking to one of the older years. I turned my attention back to the 1st years and noticed that Stephanie was once again not speaking to anyone and I sighed as I turned to my best friend, "please can you make sure that Stephanie is okay when I am not around" I asked and Draco looked to me, "I feel like she doesn't trust many people in this house" I said to him and he smiled, "you are worried about her" he asked me.

I looked to Draco and sighed, "well yeah I am, I mean I don't trust the idiots what called her these names" I said to him and he looked to me, "I heard what she was getting them to call her, I can't believe she would do that with the head of house so close" Draco said to me and I sighed, "well when they come back from being spoken to Severus I hope that they say sorry to her" I said and Draco looked to me, "I don't think that they will" he said and I sighed, "well I don't think that she deserves to be picked on just because she is muggleborn and put into our house" I said and he nodded, "of course I will make sure that she is okay Dora, you know that I will" he said and I laughed as he knew that I felt some pull to her.

I looked back to him and smiled, "well I need to make sure that everything is ready for this evening" I said to him and he nodded, "do we know where they are going" he asked me and I nodded, "yeah they do" I said and smirked, "I need to speak to Paddy as well" I said to him and he laughed, "well I am sure that he is still sore after being beaten by you" he said to me and I laughed as I nodded, "I know that is why I need to make sure that he doesn't think that I am upset with him" I said to him and he nodded, "well I am sure that Pads will make you pay around for a while but he is probably proud of you" Draco said to me and I smiled as I looked to him, "thank you Dray" I said and smiled, "so you're okay looking out Stephanie" I asked and he smiled, "of course I will make sure that Steph is okay for you, I will make sure that they leave her alone when they come back" he said to me and smiled, "because I am sure that they are going to start again if they know you're not here" he said to me and I smiled, "thank Dray, I owe you for this one" I said to him.

Draco laughed as he looked to me, "you owe me for a lot of things" he said to me, I laughed as I got up and walked down to the 1st years and smiled as they all looked up to me and was wondering what I was doing there, I bent down next to Steph and smiled, "Stephanie are people treating you any better" I asked and she smiled, "a little, I finally don't have the others growling or telling me that I don't fit into this house" she said to me and I smiled as I put my hand on her shoulder, "right well as I am not always going to be in the same place as you and if I am not here, if you have any issues with any of the members in the house, please speak to Draco as he is the one that will help you if I am not around" I explained to her and she smiled, "thank you Dora, it means the world to me that you have looked after me" she said to me.

I smiled as she looked to the other table and I smiled, "so did you manage to make any new friends" I asked and she shook her head, "no not yet, just worried about what other people are going to say" she said and I smiled, "remember what I told you Stephanie" I said and she looked to me, "that I can be friends with anyone I want to be" she said and I smiled, "that's correct" I said to her, "and I am sure that any of the heads of houses will be happy for you to be friends with their students and if you don't want to go on your own I don't mind taking you to them" I explained and she smiled, "of course if I need the help I will come and find you" she said to me and grinned, "thanks" she said to me and went back to eating with a few of the other 1st years.